Chapter 1 (Life as we knew it)

I was born to a wealthy family, my parents both had high standing within our city.
I had everything I wanted, awesome steampunk items imaginable mainly, plus I made my own things too.
My older brothers also were into steampunk, they started a club at school, it was a big hit, sitll is, its away for low class kids to make items they liked at the school's expense.
But getting a tad ahead of myself.
Names Kitten, unfortunately I am a boy, unfortunately my sister was empowered to name me and yes I get picked on and teased about it all the time, oh to top it off our last name is Nip.
So I am Kitten Nip, yep I disowned her.
Tho she hasn't gotten the hint.
Okay who am I kidding, I love my sis, she's the best, just horrible at naming a baby, then yet she was six.
My Sister's name is Tabitha, Tabby for short, ironic I know.
Than there's Nimble, he's sixteen loves dying his hair blue.
Liam he's fourteen, he's going to be an artist one day.
Ethan is seventeen he dose sports and the Steampunk club.
Damien and Seth are the ones that started the club they are twins both eighteen and in college, their coming home for my thirteenth birthday.
Daniel is my brother through adoption, we are kinda like twins but he is way smarter and has an ear for language.
His folks are archeologists.
They were murdered at a dig sight somewhere in Egypt.
Daniel is my cousin really, he was visiting us when it happened.
We were both only six when we got the news.
We've been inseparable ever since.
So back to me, I am turning thirteen today.
Gabriel said this is when my gifts should be showing up.
Now not gifts like presents.
Gifts like abilities.
See our family are warriors we fight for for humanity in the spiritual realm.
Its pretty cool, all of us are born with true sight so we can see the evil ones and ensure to avoid them.
Oh we get our bible tags in school today.
There's a ceremony and everything.
These tags come direct from the Trinity, our names are engraved on one side and our strongest gift on the other.
I hope I get a sword or something cool.
Both my brothers have cool weapons engraved on their's a sign they are true warriors.
They have been training ever since they turned thirteen.
Well we are always learning survival skills its like our gym.
Today the teacher was telling us about the clones and bots that we live with.
There's been rumors for days now that a war is starting.
Those man made things live in the junk yard.
Its more or less an island set up like a prison camp.
We do community work there.
Actually that's where my class is headed today.
Its only because the clones breeded.
It became a mandatory thing because they are considered like us because they were born not created by man.
But some still say they are no different than the clones because they are their offspring.
Now the younger classes like mine go to the family areas, its considered safer.
The older student like my brothers and sister go to the other area.
We do clean up and stuff.
Most times its to socialize with the kids.
Our government said we can't treat them like animals and they haven't committed a crime to be there in all actuality so this program was implemented through our school after the branding started.
Because a mother clone tried to pass herself and kids off as God created.
Granted the kids are technically God created.
We who have zero clone blood get marked at birth with (†) its a cross like sword, the clones that are born get (‡) as for the clones themselves they get (X).
Because the chromosome that defines them from us is identified as (X) for doctor Xavier who created them in the first place.
He was deemed insane and an outlaw when he cloned himself.
It took sometime but eventually cloning became a thing for awhile.
Parents wanting the perfect child, a genius, unable to get sick, stuff like that.
Than came the war bots.
They looked human with a special synthetic skin that bled when cut it was practically human.
But eventually they were beginning to out number us, a few went rouge.
Our government shut down the labs that created them, they burned all records on how to create them, mass killing of the scientists and families tied to the creations.
Now any talk of creating a clone or human bot is illegal and your put away without a trial.
Some think they are taken out to the ruins to live, eventually the animals will kill them.
Thats right there are creature like animals too.
Created just like the clones.
Some think the evil one was behind the cloning, that's why if you even think about cloning anything your cast out along with your family.
Well we are finally there I'll write more when I can...
As soon as we arrived the kids greeted us as usual.
We always come with treats, toys and clothes for the kids.
Donated by families that sympathizes with them.
I know, I sound cruel, its because they are the reason Aunt Martha and Uncle Karl were killed.
Well its really missing but let's face it, its been so long there's no way their still alive.
Okay getting off track.
We did our usual, cleaning up their community park, than played with their class.
Granted most of us don't but Danny and I do.
Only because I know the kids aren't to blame.
Besides a few are my friends they protected us from our bullies.
But than yet Jerry's motive of getting on our good side is questionable...
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
"Are you planning on writing everything that happens instead of living it?" Jerry teased as he snatched Kit's book.
"Please give it back." Kit pleaded.
"Fine squirt here.
Come on let's go finish that tree house." Jerry said as he scooped up Kit.
Kit giggled as Jerry carried him on his back.
"I can't believe this time tomorrow your going to be a teenager." Jerry sighed.
"Yeah, I'll still be smaller than Daniel and all kids in my age group.
You said it yourself I'm a runt." Kit mumbled as he rested his chin on Jerry's shoulder as they hiked through the woods.
"No your not.
I was just as small as you were at your age." Liam said as he followed behind.
"Yeah and your still a shrimp." Jerry teased.
"Only because your what almost seventeen now.
Plus your clone genes makes you bigger and stronger than us.
What do they teach you in science?" Liam asked.
Jerry chuckled as he continued leading the boys to their hideout.
"Not that.
Come on pick up the pace." Jerry sighed.
Kit looked at his friend with a questionable concern.
"What's wrong?" Kit asked as he squirmed off of Jerry's back.
"Nothing its just we're almost done and who knows if we can keep seeing eachother after today." Jerry sighed.
Ethan haulted his brothers at that statement.
"Jerry what do you know?" Ethan asked.
"Nothing just forget it." Jerry sighed.
"To late you already planted thoughts we are all probably think about, spill it." Nim said.
"Okay fine.
After today this simple life we are living is going to change.
In fact worse your not leaving the island.
By now your teacher is probably dead or a hostage.
All the kids back there are rounded up and put in the message hall.
If they didn't struggle." Jerry half snapped.
"Your telling us were hostages.
Worse you couldn't give us a heads up sooner so I could get Tabby to stay with us for once!?" Ethan yelled.
He was about to storm off when Davis stood in his way pointing a spear tip against his chest.
"Can't let you go after her.
Hopefully Troy was able to get her out.
Trust me Ethan we are trying to protect you kids." Davis said.
"Protect!?
Your kidnapping us.
You can't make me believe you guys are protecting us.
Your in on whatever they are playing.
Its a no brained, we are the kids of those who are the reason your all here." Ethan snapped trying to get in Jerry's face but he was still a head taller than him.
Jerry gripped the back of Ethan's neck with such force that he whimpered in pain.
"Shhh...
Your scaring your little brothers.
Now corporate and we can put in a good word and you boys won't get split up." Jerry whispered in Ethan's ear.
Ethan shook with fear as he felt Kit and Daniel each grip his hand.
"Was this the plan all this time.
Befriend us.
Move us away from the group so you could single us out?
What about Tabby?" Ethan asked as tears fell.
He was trying his best not to freak out completely.
"Yes my dear boy.
That was our plan all along.
Now no need to concern yourself of your sister.
She was sent to my home in the outskirts.
Also I had the opportunity to run into your brothers, Seth and Damien.
Now shall we continue?" The stranger ushered towards a dock.
"Your him aren't you?" Nim pointed out.
"Well one of him.
Master Xavier made many of his children.
Funny how they thought destroying his labs and files would stop him.
Banishing home to the ruins was the best they could have done since they ran like dogs with their tails between their legs.
To make it all the more interesting they sent him help.
People who had even better ideas than him.
Granted by now the original is long gone.
But he passed all his knowledge on to us.
And we all know we are even smarter and can perfect the cloning.
As for the plan of what to do with you kids well that's simple.
Clone you, send your clones back to the city after a simple request for us is fulfilled.
Unfortunately we will not get to know the clones because they are going to be walking, talking, bombs.
Now not just any bomb.
They will have enough nuclear in them to slowly kill everyone within the city.
Just like they did to us trying to thin out our numbers, giving us injections to ensure our health but was really ment to destroy us.
That's what killed father you know." X explained.
"What's your long term plan for us?" Ethan asked as he did his best being a shield for his siblings.
"We don't plan on killing the young.
No in time the dust will settle and we will be in rule.
You will live, some might be sold." X chuckled as he shoved Ethan
onto the boat.
"Put them below with the rest." X ordered.
"Yes sir.
Sir Gabriel and those like him were not among the teachers." The young guard announced.
"Figures.
I knew they were worthless, not allowed to intervene in the lives of mortals." X smiled as he watched the boys be taken below.
They were surprised to see their classmates some beaten in cells like prisoners.
"This is nothing like it was for us when they brought us to the island." An older guard grumbled, shoving Ethan and Nim in one cell, Kit, Daniel and Liam into another.
Once alone the kids all started questioning the teachers that were spared.
"Jake what's going on?" Newt asked.
"The rumors were true." Jake sighed as he leaned against the bars.
"Think everyone we know in the city will die." James mumbled.
"Finally got your nose out of your book to say something stupid.
Look there are protacals.
Those like us know, if this happens to flee the city.
As for the government, well they are a lost cause.
But they are the reason we are even in this situation.
I want all of you to remember that secret training I gave you.
This is what you were trained for.
Our allies will rescue us before we even reach their destination." Jake explained.
"No we need to get there.
Our sister Tabby was taken ahead of us." Ethan told him.
Jake shook his head.
"If you believe that, I fear that some of my training was lost on you Ethan.
Think about it.
We were on the island with two means off.
Our boat that was destroyed and this one.
Trust me, she is aboard this boat as well." Jake explained.
Ethan nodded in understanding...
The water became rough as the storm reached them.
It was only a mater of time when the boat kept being swollen up by waves.
Everyone was soaked in water as it filled the boat.
By morning they docked near the ruins and everyone was fitted with chains.
"Okay listen up boys and girls we will go to the general store, there you will be fed and fitted with new clothing.
You will all be on your best behavior.
Those who try and run will be killed without hesitation.
Those who are lucky enough to escape us are not so lucky.
The animals that roam these areas are cold blooded killers, not to mention where do you think the blackmarket traiders like to gather supplies?
As long as your with me they will not harm you." Mr. X explained...