Chapter 2 (Hostages)

What started out as a normal school routine turned into a nightmare.
Sometimes the one being nice isn't nice at all.
It was always a trap, Jerry and his friends planned from the beginning to get us.
Now we are in the ruins.
Its where people lived before the city.
Its weird to think people actually live out here still.
Jake told us all about it and about those who have chosen to work outside our city to ensure we still have a safe place to go.
It was apart of his secret training
In fact our older brothers are apart of this back up plan.
Apparently their whole steampunk stuff they were into was apart of it to.
We didn't only make clothes, jewelry and other cool stuff, we also made weapons.
Jake would keep these what we thought fake weapons to display them.
Than at times they go missing.
Here Jake was supplying the rouges, they apparently made our weapons usable, at least that's what Jake told us.
Now the rouges he was supplying are the good rouges.
They were just against our governments rule and became cast outs or criminals just because they saw much bigger threat the government was blind to.
Technically a lot of us were aware.
We only stuck with them to ensure our safety.
I doubt that Mr. X ever ran into Seth and Damien.
Remember I told you they were in college.
Well their college is learning to be the best warriors, which led to them leaving the city and joining the rouges.
Our parents knew heck mostly everyone knew.
We were almost banished for it but thankful because they were adults making their own choice our entire family wasn't accused.
Personally I wanted to be out here with them learning to be a true warrior.
I was in awe on how they lived out here.
Plus the fact they dress cool.
I know, I can't help it, steampunk is my life obviously.
Thankfully my journal is steampunk and similar to the bible tags...
That's right I never finished explaining that.
Bible tags look like pure gold dog tags, but they fold open into a full size living bible.
Its seriously alive.
The words form as you read.
There are things in it you will never read in the man made bibles, scrolls that were lost are no longer lost to us.
Its pretty cool.
I made my journal similar, it folds into a pocket size journal.
Its pretty cool.
Oh yeah we had the ceremony before going to the junkyard yesterday.
Gabriel said he was informed to do it early before our birthday which is to today.
This is the worst birthday ever...
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
As Kit sat in his changing stall writing the other kids were finishing up before him.
"Squirt let's go." Jerry sighed as he opened the stall to a still soggy, now teenage boy.
"Sorry I..." Kit started as tears pooled in his blue eyes.
All his siblings and Daniel have these unique blue eyes that no one has, some thought they were clones at first but after all in the family being tested for the X chromosome and found clean they just assumed it had to do with a God ordained plan for their family.
"Its okay squirt just get changed." Jerry sighed.
Aside from the mission at hand Jerry really did get close to this family and was not going to let any harm come to them.
So a few days ago his side plan was put into motion.
"Look I know you think all of us are against you but if you don't listen to me O'Neal these kids are going to either be killed or sold on the black market.
If you haven't realized I am more like you than those clones you dislike.
Heck maybe for all we know I'm a black market baby.
My real parents are dead I never met them, I was left as an orphan on this island.
Maybe I am mistakenly marked.
But that's besides the point.
The Nip family has been targeted.
Now you have an X clone working for you.
Can you convince him to pull off this fake attack tomorrow, two days before the real one?" Jerry stood in Jack's face practically nose you nose.
"Would it kill you to eat a mint and maybe back up just a tad.
You had me at the Nip family being targets.
Their brothers are apart of my team.
We will pull this off and your friends, along with yourself can join us.
I will consider the fact you might be wrongfully marked, I'll include your friends in that consideration as well.
We will even get you all retested.
Now pull the family away from the rest of class, have your friends wear these chains that way my men will know your with us." Jack said handing Jerry a small bag inside were blank bible tags.
As soon as Jerry touched one his name appeared in ruby red letters his strength a sword and shield in elegant coloring on the otherside.
"Well that a first.
We tested these on clones and their offspring.
Never in my life did I see them come alive for them.
Jerry either your correct and you were kidnapped or HE has a greater plan for you." Jack smiled as he put his hand on the boys shoulder.
Jerry looked up at him with astonishment and tears of excitement.
Jack gave him a warm smile once again.
"We will do our part and extract that family.
While also protecting you.
Hopefully this will put a halt on the stupid mission groups till we can put an end to Xavier's plan.
And Jerry we will do our best to find out who you are.
We have loads of germs back home who would love to solve this." Jack chuckled as he walked away...
"Sir, look what I found in the cabin.
I did our daily room inspection.
Its not only the Nip family targeted its everyone.
They plan to clone them, than send the clones back to the city with radiation in them.
Sir they plan to slowly kill everyone in the city." Sam said as she handed a notebook to him.
"Who's journal is this?" Jack inquired.
"Smith's." Sam pointed to a man being held by two other men within Jack's team.
One wore a ski mask.
"Xandar..." Jack smirked to the masked one.
"Sir..." Xandar suluted.
"That one held plans to start a war between us and them.
What you suggest we do about him?" Jack asked.
Xandar chuckled.
"Take him home see what else he knows than take out the trash." Xandar suggested.
"Okay its your call.
Also tomorrow we need to stage a hostage situation tomorrow, your taking point.
Talk to your men and run your plans by Mitchell.
I'll get Gunther to think of something himself, see if both plans are needed to pull this off." Jack explained as they made their way to their boat with their prisoners.
All the other clones scowled at them as they passed by and shoving Smith aboard the boat...
"I will never reveal the grand plan.
Your kind will end, we will be left raising your young, to be slaves just like you done to us.
What ever happened to all men created equally?" Smith snapped.
X laughed at that.
"Fool...
Last I knew we were not created by God, we were created by man those rules do not apply to us.
We were created unequally to them.
Trust me Smith, I will get all I need from you till your last breath." X smirked as he approached with something to torched him with.
Smith gulped at the instruments of pain.
By the time X was through he had recorded all the intel needed and was soaked in blood.
"That was a bit drastic." Johnny mumbled as he handed X a towel.
"Trust me kid it had to be done.
Besides he's just a clone with no morals and evil ones vessel.
Where's your brother?" X inquired.
"Are you kidding me, he hates horror movies.
And that there is worse, trust me, I stopped watching the recording." Johnny chuckled and yet sighed.
X shook his head as he looked down at the young boy.
"Understandable kid.
I'm going to wash up than talk to Cam, I want to make sure he's okay.
Oh hey we need a plan to extract the school tomorrow from the island, I'd love to see any ideas you can come up with." X said to Johnny as he walked into the locker room.
"Yeah sure, I'll go sketch a few out for you." Johnny said excitedly as he took off running to his room.
"Hey Cam." Johnny said as he gathered supplies.
"How could you keep watching?
All I keep seeing is home.
And that's the last thing I want to think about." Cam mumbled.
"I know.
I did too, I didn't keep watch, just made sure it was recording.
Cam you do realize that guy who raised us wasn't dad right?" Johnny sighed as he sketched away.
"Yeah I know, Jack and X told us a million times, he was a clone just like X.
But why did he have our mark if he was a clone?" Cam asked the same question since he was eight when Jack rescued them.
Their both fourteen now.
"It was the biggest deception dad could come up with." Johnny shrugged.
"Why are you still defending that monster calling him dad?" Cam snapped.
"Hey its a habit and you know that.
I would never defend that psychopath.
He nearly killed us, he would do horendus things to his victims forcing us to watch.
Don't ever say I'm defending him." Johnny yelled at Cam.
Cam just stared at him on shock.
Johnny stopped yelling and sighed as he wrapped his brother in a hug.
"I'm sorry Cam I didn't mean to yell at you." Johnny explained.
"I know, I was wrong to saying your defending him.
He really screwed us up didn't he?" Cam sniffled as tears fell.
"No...
You boys are not screwed up.
Your the most stable brilliant minded teens I have ever seen, you came out of that situation stronger than any kid we rescued from a similar situation.
Take Mike, Link and Lloyd they too were there that day they are your cousins and are also stronger, you all have each other, start leaning on each other.
The kids who have no one and were alone are locked in their rooms for ours and their protection.
Now stop thinking something is wrong with you and start realizing you made it through and you can do anything because of what you learned." X said as he gave them a group hug.
"Thanks X." Cam smiled.
"Anytime kid now help Johnny he will tell you what I need while I go talk to my men...
Jake and his students were taken by surprise when they reached and old mansion.
Kids were running around playing while men and women did chores.
"What is this place?" Ethan finally asked.
"Your new home baby brother." Seth smirked as he approached his brothers and sister.
They all were happy to see him as they ran to him and hugging him.
"Okay listen up.
The attack was a set up.
Gabriel and the others already knew about it.
They should be informing your folks now.
Nip family you will be staying with your brothers obviously, those of you with family or friends here will be assigned with them.
You will write down who you know that has been with us.
If you have no one you will be assigned with a guardian.
Let's move to the food court get you fed.
There will be a sheet of paper you must fill out to the best of your knowledge.
After photos will be taken and all this will be placed in your file." Samantha explained.
Cam, Johnny and the other students watched from inside the school house as the exhausted confused boys and girls were brought in.
"Okay class come now you will meet them soon  enough." Sky chuckled as he ushered them back to their seats.