Five

(My first shot at Lila salt. I hope you like)

     In the back of the classroom Marinette sat on the edge of her seat. Today was the day they announced the video winner and she couldn't wait to see if her and her friends had won. Not to have a huge ego, but Marinette was sure they had a great chance of winning. 

     Ms. Bustier walked into the classroom and all conversations stilled and Adrien looked to the front of the classroom. For some reason he had been staring at Marinette more lately, he usually just ignored her. But now, she had to go out of her way to avoid him, she had taken to slinking out the windows and down a drain pipe when Adrien started blocking the door. She always got to school an hour early to sneak into the classroom, but then Adrien started getting here early just to guard the front doors. So Marinette had to start climbing up the drain pipe and into the classroom, good thing Tikki could faze through the windows to unlock them for her.

     "Everyone, I have the movie contest results." Ms. Bustier started. "And they are very interesting and unusual." Everyone was on the edge of their seats, they had stated many times that there was no way they could loose. "The winner will not be announced." Gasps filled the room along with a lot of questions.

     "What?!"

     "Why?"

     "How could they not announce the winner?"

     "Now we will never know if we won the contest."

     "Class please quiet down so I can explain." Ms. Bustier calmly said. "The reason the winner will not be announced right now, is because one of the judges is connected to a big shot producer and he thought it was good enough to show him. When the producer saw the film he immediately decided to release it as the next big movie."

     Everyone erupted into chatter how this was better than they thought possible and how all of their dreams are coming true. "Lila, we couldn't have done this without you! Thank you so much. This is amazing!!!!"

     "Wait class." Ms. Bustier called with a large frown. "I'm sorry to say, it's not our class." The room was filled with loud groans and protests and Marinette started to get a headache. "But class, all classes participating in the movie contest are invited to the premiere."

     "No way is their movie was better than ours!" Alya complained. 

     "But we should still go to the premiere to support our fellow schoolmates." Lila sweetly said. Marinette was sure she had ulterior motives, probably the fact that it was a big-shot producer coming to the premiere. 

     "Your so considerate, Lila." Rose said. 

     "Yeah, girl." Alya agreed. "Unlike some people, who wouldn't even help out with with our movie." Marinette knew exactly who that was pointed at and if she recalled correctly, they were the ones who didn't want her. 

     "At least she still gets to enjoy the benefits of the premiere." Lila said in her sweet voice, but Marinette knew the game she was playing.

     "She shouldn't!" Alya declared.

     "But-" Adrien tried to protest, which was the most he had done in......well....... she couldn't remember.

     "Adrien, I know you are a little naive and sheltered. But Marinette didn't do any of the work, which means she shouldn't enjoy any of the benefits." Alya said very certain of herself.

     Marinette didn't really care, so she just walked out. Ms. Bustier halfheartedly tried to stop her, but she just ignored her teacher. If her classmates didn't want her, she would get new classmates. Marinette had already applied for a transfer of classes, at first Mr. Damocles was against it, until Ms. Mendeleiev and her entire class petitioned for Marinette to join their class. So in one week she would be free of the Akuma Class as everyone else called it or as Ms. Mendeleiev's class called it, the Stupid-And-One-Brain-Cell-They-All-Share Class.