Together

I saw her in front of my apartment. She looked stress. I wonder why didn't she rang the doorbell and just wondering in front of my house for 10 minutes. I decided to open the door.

As soon as I open the door, she runs towards me and hugs me. She is crying. I could feel her tears on my shoulder. I'm devastated. Am I being too selfish by letting the news out? We just stood still in front of the door for a minute. And then I said,

"We need to come in. People would talk if they see us like this"

She just follows my footsteps as I hold her hand and bring her to the living room. Both of us sit on the couch. She wipes her tears and said,

"I'm sorry. I must have shocked you by the sudden crying."

"It's okay. You can cry. After all, you had a hard time today after the news was published", I replied.

"Are you okay? I know that you must read the comments. Especially the hate ones. I'm sorry. I don't know that our fans would react like that. It must hurt you a lot. I am really sorry", she replied with a guilty face.

I smiled at her.

" Did you forget about what I said to you before? I read the hate comments, but they don't really affect me so much. I respect the fact that people can have their own opinion. I can't make them accept or like what that I do. But if they went overboard, I have no choice but to take action by suing them so that it can be a lesson to others. The only thing that I can do is to make sure that I didn't do bad things that can give people the authority to hate me", I replied to her

"But right now, I'm worried about you. I know you that care about what people say about you. You try to brush it off, but in the end, they affect you. How are you feeling?", I asked her

"Overwhelming. Not all comments are bad. But- I don't know.", she quietly replied

I feel so bad seeing her like this. Will we be able to get through this? Only time will tell us.

"I'm sorry", that word slipped out from my mouth.

She looked at me with confused eyes. I just pull her into my arms and hug her tight like there is no tomorrow for us. We broke apart then I said,

"Thank you for loving me. I know that it is hard enough for you to be with someone as weird as me. But you put up with me"

She smiled and one kiss landed on my lips.

"I love you as who you are. No matter how weird you are. Do you know why? Because I love your weirdness. That's what attracts me to you", she replied to me.

" But why are your eyes swollen? I thought that you cry because you read those comments.", she confusedly asked me

I start to laugh hysterically. Oh my. She is really an innocent person. Her pure self thought that I cry because of those comments. I mean like yeah it was pretty harsh--the comments but they don't really get on my nerves because for the past 15 years since my debut I've been called a lot worse. 

"Aww that is so sweet of you. But no. My eyes are swollen because I played computer games until this morning. Wait. Is this why you came to my house? To check whether I'm fine or not?", I look at her.

She nods her head without second thoughts. I stared at her and unconsciously I give her a tender kiss on the lips. After we break apart I said, "Thank you". 

"I know that you have been having a hard time a few months back with Sulli sunbae and Hara sunbae passing. They are your two closest dongsaengs. And to add with this, I am afraid that you couldn't handle it anymore.", she told me with a serious face. 

I sigh.  

Did I deserve someone that cares so much about me rather than herself? I don't think so. I wanted this. I wanted the public to know. And instead of me checking on her, she came all the way to check on me. What kind of boyfriend I am? I am supposed to make her feel safe and make her feel that she can depend on me, but I just make her worry more about me.

As if she can read my mind she speaks up,

"You don't have to feel bad about this. I know that you are thinking that you're supposed to protect me. Makes me feel I can depend on you. But let me tell you something. We were supposed to make each other feel comfortable and feel that we can depend on each other, together. Not just yourself. So, its okay to not be okay.", she smiles at me

"Yeah. Thank you.  Now let's stop talking about me. How do you feel? After all, this is your first scandal since your debut. It must overwhelm you"

"Yes, it is. I am nervous about our fans reaction. But I agreed to it, remember? So I should accept the consequences. But I'm glad that I have you to get through this together with me"

"Don't worry. Whatever happens after this we will face it, together. The two of us. I will never let you go through it alone"

"I know you won't. Even if you want to I will not let you leave me alone. You should face it with me, till the end.

Both of us laugh and suddenly I feel that I need to tell her about my feelings seriously.

"Hirai Momo. You are special to me. I never want to lose you. In fact, I don't plan to. I know it's cliche but I promise you that I will try to protect this relationship will all my might, no matter what challenges that come towards us."

"Promise me that you will never break your own promise"

"I promise", I said while taking her pinky finger and my pinky finger and entwine it to make a pinky promise.

After that, I hug her in my arms and we just stayed still enjoying a moment of silence with only the two of us. 

Deep in my heart, I wish that both of us lead a normal life so that we don't have to deal with all this nonsense.