Weekend In The City (Frerard) Part One

Frank's POV

"Are you almost ready, Gerard?!"

"One minute, Frank. Patience!"

"I'm sorry, but we are going to miss our train into the city"

After another five minutes, Gerard was already down the stairs, luggage in hand, and now we're making our way to my car.

It was a ten minute drive from my house to the train station, and our train left in twenty.

"Are you ready for some vacation time?" Gerard said nudging me in the side.

"Yes, but I hope we can make the train"

"Whatever"

*

Gerard and I did make the train (barely) and now we were on our way to New York from New Jersey.

"This is going to be a fun trip" I said looking over a Gerard, who was sitting next to me.

"I hope so. My ex girlfriend has been bugging me a lot, and I don't want to be getting any phone calls from her while I'm in vacation"

"Well if she calls, you put her on the phone with me. I'll handle it"

"Thanks, Frank"

The rest of the train ride over was quiet, with just a few break out conversations between Gerard and I. And yes, Gerard was straight.

And I was gay. It never really minded Gerard before that I was gay, and I was glad. We have been best friends since high school and we've both seen each other at our worst. Through all the break ups, hard times at home, and pretty much everything. We were best friends. Nothing more.

The train started to slow as we became closer to the station and the stewardess sounded on the intercom.

"All passengers for New York will be getting off at this station. All others may stay on the train"

"Do we have everything?" Gerard asked as we made our way down the aisle.

"I sure do hope so"

~

It has been a couple of hours since Gerard and I had been in New York, and man is this city huge.

"Are you ready to go to the hotel yet?" Gerard said, his teeth chattering.

It was just the beginning of winter, but it was still cold.

"Yeah, let's flag down a cab"

Once we were in the cab, Gerard finally stopped chattering.

"Where are we staying, Frankie?"

"You'll see" I said with a smirk on my face.

"Fine" Gerard said crossing his arms like a little kid.

"Wow" Gerard said, his mouth a gape. "This is amazing"

"Thought you would like it" I said grabbing his hand and pulling him into the lobby.

"May I help you?" The receptionist asked as we came through the door.

"Yes, a reservation for Iero and Way?"

"Ah yes, you two will be staying in suite 502. The top floor"

"Thank you"

"Top floor, ahe?" Gerard said loading our things into the elevator. "How did you manage that one?"

"I have my ways" I said getting in the elevator next to him.

Once we were on our floor, Gerard and I stepped out into the corridor.