one.

"there are other fish in the sea"

i've heard that about a million times. this time i was on face time with alex, my eighth grade best friend who somehow stuck with me after ten tough years of our lives.

"yeah, i know but i thought maybe he would be different," i sighed as i walked from my room out to the kitchen. alex was currently in her bathroom getting ready for her high school sweet heart, brandon, to come over.

"haven't you thought that about every guy you've dated?" she asked curiously.

"i guess i have, but it's not like i can help it. they all seem so sweet and charming, but three months down the line they drop you like the time square ball on news years eve. you got lucky. you haven't had to go through any heart break you've been with brandon since sophomore year," i said dramatically, causing alex to giggle.

"yeah i guess that's true. brandon's amazing," she smiled. i rolled my eyes in response

"oooh brandon, you're so sweet and loving and just so amazing," i mocked in a fake alex voice.

alex laughed. "a) he's mine. and b) i gotta go. he's here."

i grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and placed my phone counter before responding. "ok, but remember, dont do anything I would do," i laughed, hoping to hear her giggle, but she was to focused on brandon to notice, so I just hung up.

i couldn't help but sigh. it didn't seem fair that alex had always had a boyfriend, someone by her side (literally and figuratively) all the time, and i was just stuck with no one but depression and heartbreak. my phone chimed, signaling i had recieved a text. i picked it up and read it. my friend, summer, was inviting me to go to the mall with her, her boyfriend, and daniel seavey. she said it could be a double date and that it would be fun. i rolled my eyes, but was slightly desperate, so i responded with "sure, sounds fun!!" as i set my phone back down on the bathroom counter, i was immediately regretting my decision. what had i just gotten myself into?

i had put on some jean-shorts, seeing as it was the middle of summer, and a white t-shirt that was so big it went down to my mid-thighs. just as i was finishing curling my hair, i heard a knock on the door. i quickly put my hair in a ponytail, and ran to see who it was. the door opened to reveal none other than daniel seavey. he looked at me up and down before meeting my eyes once again and smiling. i did the same to him.

"you look great," he said still smiling.

"so do you," i nodded and smiled. he grabbed my hand and walked with me out to summer's car, where she was up front with her boyfriend, and i was in back with daniel.

we arrived at the mall, and went our separate ways. so much for this being fun. i ended up dragging daniel to forever 21, where i tried out clothes and he just sat on his phone. i walked out with my favorite outfit so far. he looked up and dropped his phone in his lap.

"jenni you look amazing. you should get it," daniel smiled. a small smile crept onto my
cheeks, a light blush covered my cheeks. suddenly, my phone started ringing. i looked at the caller id.

{eben (nOt EvAn)}
{accept          decline}

i answered it, hearing eben's voice on the other side of the line.

"hey, jenni, can you come with me to a party tonight? i know you hate partying, but just come with me this one time, okay? please?" he said. i sighed.

"i guess." dang it, i really needed to gain the skill of just saying 'no'.

"ok, i'll pick you up at 9." he hung up, leaving daniel confused.

"i need a dress," i told him. he nodded, taking my hand and bringing me to a dress store and helping me pick something out.

•••

twitter!

jenniiiii
@jenni.rose
dude, dani's got a fresh sense of style
💬1,342 ♥️6,784 ↪️3,789
|
giraffe
@seaveydaniel
:)
💬6,956♥️10,275↪️5,259