two.

i looked in the mirror, trying to remember why i agreed to this. daniel, who had stayed to help me get ready, came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. i felt myself tense up, especially when he bent down slightly to rest his head on my shoulder.

"you look great," he said, smiling at my reflection.

"thanks," i responded, looking at myself again. i had on a tight black dress, paired with my favorite pair of blackout vans. my hair was loosely curled, and i had a subtly smokey eye. "is it too much?"

daniel shook his head and kissed my cheek. "you look beautiful." i tensed up once again a wiggled out of his grip. daniel almost immediately frowned.

no guys. that was my only rule. no. guys. it only resulted in heartbreak. i didn't think anything good could come from it.

"uh, i..." i tried to make an excuse to why i had writhed out of his arms almost immediately. i quickly looked at my phone which was telling me that it was currently 8:57 p.m.

c'mon eben, where are you?!

"it's okay," daniel responded looking down.

"oh. i'm sorry," i said, biting my lip softly. he looked back up at me and smiled.

"i get it. you like someone else, correct?"

i wasn't sure how to respond. luckily, right as i opened my mouth to speak, there was a pounding on the door.

"i gotta go. thanks for having fun with me today," i smiled at him. he smiled back, and i took that as my cue to leave. i ran downstairs and opened the door, where i found eben about to knock again. i stifled a giggle and cleared my throat.

"hi," i smiled at him, walking out and closing the door behind me.

"hey," he responded. "you look very... party ready," he said awkwardly. i laughed.

"thanks. should we get going?" eben nodded, and walked to his car, me following suite.

"so is this going to be interesting huh?" i asked as he drove away.

"you could say that again" he chuckled and i gave a small laugh and sighed.

"music?" he offered pulling out a AUX cord and handing it to me. "you do have the best taste in music out of anyone i know."

"yes i know" i said, did a quick hair flip and grabbed the cord. i plugged it in and started scrolling through my many spotify playlists. i settled on one that consisted of  doja cat, drake and of course EBEN and a few stragglers of one hit wonders.

we drove for about 15 just listening to music until eben reached over and turned down the volume. 

"hey, i just want to let you know... these parties can be... let's just say intense." i raised an eye brow at him and kept listening.

"and i have some one for you to meet as well," he added, pulling into the driveway of a pretty good sized, modern looking house. 

"oh no you didn't," i rolled my eyes and sighed. 

"no, listen. not for romantic things, but you guys have the same music style. you said you wanted to get in to music, he is your best bet... the romantic things can come later."

he said that last part under is breath.

"okay..." i said a bit skeptically. "what's his name?"

"jonah marais."

-

🇸​🇴​🇴​🇴​ 🇾​🇺​🇵​ 🇶​🇺​🇪​🇪​🇳​ 🇲​🇦​🇷​🇦​🇮​🇸​ 🇮​🇸​ 🇭​🇪​🇷​🇪​ 🇧​🇪​🇦​🇨​🇭​🇪​🇸​

and like if you want @mrsmelanchoy..thats me ✰✰