Two

I awoke to the golden  glow of the setting sun. A cold bite in the air snapped me out of my daze. I was laying on someones lap, why the Gods am I on someones lap? Jumping to my feet in what I imagined was a feet of stealth, but must have looked like a fish caught on a hook.

"Where in the Helms am I? Why was I sleeping on your lap? Did you give me sleeping drugs?"  Then i saw it , Saw them. Both men sitting on the floor Laughing at me. "No Las" Mr Handsome Ginger said. " You passed out all on your own. Found you in your room, passes out. Your Mother suggested that we take you anyway."

"Who are you?" Was it bad that I didn't even question the fact that my mother let two strange handsome men, whisk me away, whilst unconscious? All five men stood up, tall, handsome and wickedly  built. The fiery ginger was the first to speak "My name is Aden, But you already knew that." Then the one with the Golden blonde hair and shoulders so broad and muscular that they could only have been crafted by the Gods. "I am Zeke." 

Eyeing them both suspiciously as I stood my ground. "Okay, Aden and Zeke, where are the other Kings men? I saw them arrive with you."  They looked at each other and Aden nodded. "Take A seat Las, we have some explaining to do.

Something inside me knew, Knew that something else was happening. Shaking, I chose a rock covered in moss and surrounded by roses, I sat.

Both Men Sat in front of me. Aden began. 

" Thirty years ago, the Queen of Ravin was cursed by an old mage. The Queen was known to have had  very powerful magic, So powerful it could have destroyed one hundred men with the snap of her fingers. The Queen chose to Rule with out using it. This made the Mages of old very angry. You see, the Gift of magic is meant to be used, but the Queen refused to scare her people into submission with powerful spells and curses. So The Mages, old and wicked. Came up with a plan. They lured the Queen to the Temple of Fate and tried to strip her of her magic under the full moon. The Queens magic though, could not be taken and the Mages had to come up with a new plan.  So, they bound Her magic and tethered it to a babe who was not yet born. The writings say that was the only way the Queens magic could be controlled."

I sat forward on the rock. A cold sweat had come over me. I had had this dream before. I fidgeted with my braid and wiped the sweat of my brow. 

Zeke continued where Aden had left off. 

" The Queen could no longer summon her magic and had her army search the kingdom for the mages, but alas. They were never found. The Queen and  King,  moved on with their lives  until the day the Queen fell pregnant. She was said to have had a joyful pregnancy the King and Queen both excited to welcome a new addition to the Royal family. It was a cold spring night when the Queen went into labor, the King at her side. The palace was abuzz with laughter and music.  It is said the two children were born that night. Twin girls, But upon the birth if the second child, The Queen died. 

" The King, very aware of the curse. Separated the twins. He then ordered the woman who delivered the girls to be killed. Nobody in the kingdom knew that the Queen had delivered twins or of her death.  A few days later He announced the Birth of a daughter and said that the babe and the Queen are doing well and bonding.  A week after the Announcement,He declared that the Queen had died. Saying that a babe was born in the palace to one of the staff and That the birth of the child had triggered the curse and the babe had sucked the life essence out of the Queen.  The King, unable to kill his own child, payed a servant woman to act as her Mother and bound her to secrecy. The woman and the babe were banished from the Kingdom, Until the day of the girls twentieth birthday, When she would stand before the King and receive her fate." 

My whole body was Burning, my heart struggled to remain in my chest.

Aden looked at me with a gleam in his eye and said. " You Gwendoline, Are Princess of Ravin. second inline to the throne of Ravin and the Court of Stars."

Both men stood and bowed before me. As I sat on my mossy rock, surrounded by pink and white roses. staring at them,  I began to laugh. I laughed so hard I almost fell off my rock. After my laughter died off, I started crying, crying because I knew everything they said was true.

After regaining my composure and wiping my face I looked at Zeke,  his beautiful blue eyes where filled with worry.  " How do you know all of this?" He bowed his head before looking up at me and said. " My Mother was one of the Mages who cursed the Queen, She was also present at your birth but spelled the King so He wouldn't see her."  

My jaw dropped. "And you?" I asked Aden. " I am your protector, A gift from the mages." 

" We are not from the Kings court." and with a flick of his hand both of their uniforms, Transformed into clothing of a court I had never seen. Silver and Black hunting clothes designed for stealth and comfort. "We are from The court of stone, The house of your Mother was born to."