Destroying a Switch was Always on My Bucket List!

"Ah, the perfect spot," I muttered to myself as I set my backpack onto the soft grass. I sat down, looking at the view I had found. Before me was a cliff edge, and past that was an ocean of fully grown green pines. No signs of the trail I took to get here, no traces of human life. Just me and nature.

"Now, let's play Breath of the Wild," from the depths of my dark green bag I conjured up a Switch case, and within that, a Nintendo Switch at full power. I set that aside, pulling out a red phone case from a smaller pouch.

I double checked the percentage (62%) and then pressed play on a fan-made Zelda animatic. Now, everything was set. I picked up my Switch, turning it on and starting up my game in Master Mode. Soon, the loading screen faded away, and my character, Link, appeared.

I had last saved in Kakariko Village, which is where Link spawned. I was still in the early game, having just recently receiving the main quest of Recovered Memories from Impa. I made Link sit by a campfire until morning before heading off back in the direction of the Dueling Peaks Tower.

As I was about halfway there, I noticed a Shrine in the middle of the small lake Link was crossing over. Investigating, I moved the 3D sprite across the lake with Crynosis (no way with my stamina would I swim). As I approached the small island where the shrine was placed, I noticed something off.

All the shrines I had ever seen in this amazing game always glowed orange, then orange-blue, and finally blue. However, this one glowed an eerie purple, making me think of Majora's Mask for some reason. I hesitated, but my decision was made for me when my joycon decided to drift on me, causing Link to slowly walk towards the pedestal where the Sheika Slate was pressed against to unlock the shrine.

I pressed the A button, and suddenly my screen went black.

"What in the-?" I questioned, before leaning closer. Did it die on me? Impossible, it was at 100%. I flipped my Switch around, but there was nothing wrong with it. I turned it back right, and noticed two words on screen with a reply button underneath it. It said:

Enter Game?
Start

Scrunching my eyebrows together, I pressed A. The moment my thumb hit the button, I felt something shift. Then, to my mortification, the Switch shattered into light shards.

"Wah!!" What in the world? That wasn't even mine!! My Uncle is going to kill me! I stared, horrified, at my empty hands as tears threatened to fall. I stared at the ground to my left, right, and front. Maybe I was hallucinating? Nope, the device was still gone.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~

I rewatched over and grabbed my phone, taking a shaky breath. I felt my hand wrap around an object wider than my phone. Pulling it towards myself, I blinked in confusion.

When did I get a Sheika Slate case?

Thanks for reading! Please note that there WILL be BotW spoils in here, so don't read if you don't want to know. Please feel free to correct any mistakes I make, especially given the fact that I don't have my game readily available as I'm writing this.

See you next chapter!