3 5

"Where is he? Is he awake!" Kihyun vociferates as soon as Shownu comes into view, sitting at one of the benches with his head in the palm of his hands. Kihyun gets harsh shushes from the hospital staff considering its past midnight and the patients would be asleep, but that's really the least of his concerns. Shownu immediately stands when he sees both Wonho and Kihyun rushing towards him.

"Where is he?" Wonho asks this time. Shownu sighs and points at the door in front of him. They waste no time and enter the ward— Hyungwon had been admitted into a private ward. Both Kihyun and Wonho's heart drop at the sight of the multiple tubes connected to his arms. They also noticed the bandage wrapped around his right temple.

Wonho walks over to his left side while both Kihyun and Shownu stayed on his right.

Kihyun sighs sadly before he brings his hand to push back the younger's long hair that had fallen a little on his face. The most he could do for now is to stay by his friend's side and wait for him to regain consciousness.

"Why did he collapse?" Wonho asks tightly, eyes never leaving the pale unconscious man. He takes his hand and gently caresses it, shivering slightly from how cold Hyungwon actually feels that it really did scare Wonho.

"Dehydration and extreme stress. He also wasn't eating very well," Shownu explains. "I found him unconscious on his office floor."

Kihyun stays silent the whole time while he continues to comb through the younger's hair lightly, thinking of the many things he wished he had done to prevent this situation again.

"This has happened before, hasn't it?" Wonho questions this time and both Shownu and KIhyun shake their heads.

This wasn't their first experience, oh no, but it never gets easier each time they get this news. Some would think one would simply get used to this—that's just not their case. Each new time they find their friend unconscious whether be in his office or at his home, it always brings an all-new wave of panic to them.

"Idiot," Kihyun mumbles the word then lets out a heavy sigh. "I'll stay for tonight."

"I can stay too," Wonho offers.

"No, it's fine. You both can head home," Kihyun insists. "When he regains consciousness I'll let you know then you can come with Jooheon and Changkyun."

They didn't argue further with this seeing as to how persistent the shorter man is and knowing how persistent he can get as well. And so both Shownu and Wonho left with heavy hearts.

JOOHONEY

Kihyun:
how's changkyun?

JOOHONEY:
i managed to calm him down
he fell asleep about half an hour ago

Kihyun:
ok

JOOHONEY:
how is he

Kihyun:
he's stable
shownu and wonho just left
i'll be staying with him tonight

JOOHONEY:
i see

Kihyun:
he should be awake in a few hours

JOOHONEY:
just keep us updated
i'll bring changkyun over once hyungwon's awake

Kihyun:
i will
you should rest now

JOOHONEY:
you too

Kihyun is primarily a light sleeper compared to the rest of the group. Just by the sound of the door opening or a simple whisper, he would be wide awake (and cursing the source of the sound of course).

It wouldn't be a surprise then that when he feels Hyungwon weakly squeeze the hand he holds he wakes up instantly, looking at him apprehensively.

"Wonnie?" he calls once he sees the younger's face scrunch up a little before groaning feebly. When Kihyun feels another squeeze on his hand, that's when he sighs out in relief.

Hyungwon hasn't come close to opening his eyes yet due to his frail state, but this small gesture was enough to ensure the anxious man that his friend was going to be okay— sadly, one too many experiences thought him this.

But he couldn't ask for anything more knowing that this friend of his would actually wake up in the coming hours.