Chapter 3

Oakley's POV.

I ran beside the ice path.
"Jacen!" I called. The trail stopped at a tree. I looked up to see Jacen staring down at me.

"Jacen, you're mom is worried sick," I said. "We need to get you home."

"Then why isn't she here," He snapped. He's upset, frustrated.
"I'll explain on the way to her ship," I replied. He looked down at his hands.
"I don't want to hurt her. Something is wrong with me," He sobbed.

That's what people made me feel. That's what I thought about myself for the longest time. Sadly, everyone but the empire.

"Jacen, look at me," I said calmly. He looked at me wide eyed.
I put my hand and made fire come from it. Jacen gasped.

"You were born with the e-," I can't tell him he has an evil element," A force element and so was I," I explained. He climbed down the tree.

"Jacen, you can control your power. It may take time to fully understand but, that's why I'm here," I continued.

"Walk with me home," I said.
"Your parents knew this day would come... well mostly your father," I explained.

Jacen's eyes widened. "My dad. You knew him!?! Tell me please!" Jacen shouted with excitement. I raised an eyebrow. "Hera... your mother doesn't talk about him?" I asked. Jacen sighed and nodded. "Well I only knew him for a day," I chuckled. "I was sent to the Jedi temple. He was there with a mission for me. He knew your mother was pregnant but, he knew his time was to an end. Kanan asked me to watch you. He wanted to make sure I kept you on the right path, that I helped train you," I explained.

"Do I look like him?" Jacen asked. I shrugged. "You mostly look like your mother but, your force sensitive came from him," I insisted. Jacen smiled.

"So you were born with fire? Why didn't my mom tell me if she knew?" Jacen questioned. I answered," Yes and you were also born with ice. Jacen, your mother wanted to give you a childhood. One without death and war and pressure. I fully support her choice. You see, my mother knew I was born with a gift. She forced me to train once I could stand. She wanted me to go down the dark path," I remarked. "Wow," Jacen gasped. "How did you get away?" I started to see Hera's ship.
"My father... He saw what my mother was doing. He helped me escape from her," I told. I saw Hera and a man walk out of the ship. I couldn't see the man fully. Jacen asked," What happened to your dad?"
"That's a story for another time," I replied.

"I never caught your name," Jacen said. I kept my eyes on the man. He's starting to look familiar.
"Oakley but you can call me Oak," I answered.

I paused as I finally put the pieces together.
Jacen kept walking and eventually ran Hera.

"Oakley," Hera called. "You alright?"
I couldn't move. What was he doing here?

"Wait did you say, Oakley?" He asked Hera. Tears formed in my eyes. My eyes started to burn, for it had been years since I last cried.

"Dad," I mumbled.
My father looked at me up and down. He rushed over to me. He put a hand to my face.
"Oak... Oakley how- Your o- I- I'm sorry- I," He stuttered
"Dad, it's okay," I sobbed. We put our arms around each other.

"I'm sorry, Oakley. I'm so sorry, I left you. I've thought of you every day. I'm sorry I'm so so sorry," He sobbed. I hugged him tighter.

"Just don't leave me again," I begged.
We put our foreheads together.

"Never."