Chapter 11

December 24th , 2019

" What's wrong mama ? " I asked my mother again as she sat looking out of the window.

" I-I don't know , I have this weird feeling that I can't shake. " She said

" Pertaining what ? " I asked sitting next to her

" Your daddy , have you heard from him ? " She asked me causing me to think about the last time I had heard from him.

" Yea about a week ago. He told me that he was doing well and possibly going to get out on good behavior soon. " I told her.

See, my dad Carlous was sent to jail for murder , supposed to serve 30-50 years max. He did his dirt while my mama was pregnant with me but he didn't actually get arrested til I was about six. So he's served about a good 15 years maybe more.

I do know him and we have a great relationship , my mom made sure of that. I go see him twice a year and he told me once I moved to Atlanta we'd just video chat and talk on the phone. He calls me every chance he gets and I love him beyond words for that.

My parents were .. I would say high school sweethearts but my dad was older than my mom , she was still in high school and he was the local dope boy with all the money and they fell in love i'm guessing and been off and on ever since.

" I'm worried about him Mo " She finally turned to me and said

" I'm sure he's fine mama , it's jail he might be in the hole or something. "

" I'm pregnant for him " She blurted out

" Oh shit " I muttered and she smacked my arm

" I'm sorry , you just caught me off guard " I coughed a little bit and she laughed

" how the fuck you got pregnant for a nigga behind bars ? " I blurted out causing her to stop laughing and glare at me.

" My bad ma , this shit crazy tho. You want me to stay instead of going back to Atlanta ? What'd pops have to say ? hell what did my daddy say ? " I threw questions out to her.

" Javon was upset of course .. as for Los he was happy last I heard from him. You think maybe he had a change of heart and that's why I haven't heard from him ? " She asked making me roll my eyes at how she sounded

" mama he's in prison , he can't just call when he wants. "

" Yea but- "

" Whew chile you annoying while you pregnant. " I cut her off

" And i'm boutta beat your ass "

I rolled my eyes and got up

my phone started ringing in my hand and I looked at it and started laughing

 " check me out best bitch i'm fly huh "  Was the first thing my trifling ass friend said to me when the call connected

" boy first of all watch yo damn mouth "