Chapter 5: The Truth is Out

A/N:  *ignores the fact that I haven't updated this story in over a year*

Y'all I'm... literally speechless. I've hit 1k reads and like... wow. That's so amazing! Shout out to SugaTheGummyBear for being an awesome friend and hyping me up to finish this chapter.

Also another note at the end!

~~~~~~~~~

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. -James A. Garfield.

Hermione gasped.

"You alright Hermione?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah, you're looking a little pale 'Mione," Ron added.

Hermione internally grimaced. She hated the childish nickname with a burning passion.

She nodded, smiling weakly at the two redheads.

They heard a loud commotion from downstairs. Fred rushed forwards, grabbing the Extendable Ear and stuffing in one of his pockets.

Molly Weasley stormed out of the room, face a bright red.

The group rushed upstairs, into their respective rooms.

Ginny looked at Hermione in interest. "What did you hear?"

She shrugged. "Not much. Nothing of interest."

Ginny raised an unbelieving eyebrow. "Really? Then why'd you look so bloody pale and gasp earlier?"

'Oh no.' Hermione internally panicked, trying to think of a believable lie. She wasn't sure whether or not to share her newly acquired information with Ginny.

"You know you can tell me anything, right 'Mione?"

Hermione let out a sigh and nodded, lying down on her bed. "Yeah, I know." She shut her eyes and heard Ginny lying down on her own bed.

After a couple minutes of silence, Hermione turned towards Ginny, opening her eyes. "I don't like the nickname 'Mione."

"Really?! You haven't ever said anything about it when any of us have called you that."

She shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I just didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings."

"And now?"

"You said I could tell you anything."

"True."

Hermione faked a yawn. "Alright. Good night Ginny."

"G'night Hermione."

~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Ahh, sorry for the super short chapter. Next one will definitely be longer and might have some Merlin references in it, cuz I recently finished the series.

Also, thoughts? Who do you think might go to the dark side next?👀