03 | So close

Taealha walked through the halls of the palace while thinking of Asa Sakan's words: "Listen to me, woman, you cannot obey him, or we will all die."

»Don't listen to her, Taealha, just do what I tell you.

"Again you."

»Did you miss me?

"Leave me alone!" she shouted fed up.

Then Yangcha appeared in the hall and watched her confused. Seconds later, Tagon arrived.

"Is something wrong?" he asked when he saw them.

The soldier shook his head freeing the woman from having to give explanations.

"Alright. By the way, today we go to Iark," he said excitedly to his partner. "Don't miss me so much."

»How conceited.

"Shut up."

»Have more respect, you're talking to a god.

"Wow! As soon?" she asked with fake interest. The truth was that she didn't care a bit. The man nodded.

»You have to go with them.

"Are you crazy?"

»Just obey.

"Yes, we have everything ready, we just have to load some more provisions and we leave."

"Can I go with you?"

Tagon and Yangcha looked at each other, doubting if that would be a good idea.

"Please..." she insisted trying to convince him. "I won't bother, I promise."

"Okay... but what about Saya?"

"Saya is already big and can take care of himself, he also has his maid."

"Oh, really?" he asked. She nodded. "Well, get your things, we will leave soon."

Taealha immediately left for her room while wondering why she should go to that horrendous place.

»Because there will be the two remaining children of the prophecy.

She stopped suddenly. That means that... No, no way. The end couldn't be near... or yes? Anyway... What was the end? No one had ever explained what was going to happen if the three celestials objects were found, there was going to be destruction... But of what kind?

Taealha was a little afraid and she didn't know if she should listen to Airuju.

»You have to do it. Or do you want to die?

"No..."

»Then don't question my decisions. And believe me, if you don't, I will make your death the slowest and most painful of all.

She swallowed thickly and squeezed the sides of her dress.

When she finished packing some things, someone knocked on her bedroom door.

"Pass," she said. The door was opened by Yangcha, who immediately bowed. She frowned.

"Yangcha? Tagon sent you?" she asked confused, he nodded. Then he pointed to the bags that were on the bed, trying to say that he would take them to carry.

Taealha stepped aside for him to take the them and when he was leaving, the woman put a hand on his shoulder.

"Wait," she asked. He turned to look her. "Please don't tell Tagon about what happened in the hallway."