Fears

Bolobo's POV

"I didn't really understand why Shade got so... emotional when he talked with me!" Gravis mutters. "I'm really happy that I have everyone's support! I wish my mother was that supportive..." "That's right... you don't know about Shade's past right?" "No? Why would I?" "He told us the same day you were in your accident! He had a very rough life and he knows how it feels to be alone!" Gravis sighs and starts wheeling back to his suite. "I really need to learn how to use my powers again soon..." he sighs. "Can you help me get up the stairs?" I nod and creates some vines to lift him up the stairs. "Thank you!" he says and opens the door. "Can I be alone for a bit?" "Of course!" I close the door when I walk out. I start walking towards the stairs when someone suddenly bumps into me. "Oh, sorry Bolobo!" Ash says. "It's okay!" I smile. "But why the rush?" "Tox, Camille, Shade and I are going to play a song... god I wish we could convince Tox to sing! Well! At least I have a girlfriend that's really good at dancing!" "Wait! Play a song?" "Yeah! Tox loves to sing and she can play the guitar! Shade can play piano, I'm okay at drums and like I said! Camille is a good dancer!" "Wow! Would you mind if I listen to you?" "Sure! It's not like we were going to convince Tox to sing with or without an audience! I am so lucky to have heard her singing!"

"Is she really that good?" "Yes! And I wish she would realize that! How is Gravis by the way?" "I think he's fine... Do you know that his mom is homophobic?" "Actually, yes! Shade told me earlier about that! I understand that that's very hard for him!" "Yeah...honestly I think he's more upset then he says!" "Well, have you asked him?" "No... I don't wanna upset him more!" "Well..." Ash sighs putting his hand on my shoulder. "Sometimes all people need is a 'are you okay' Shade told me that the hardest thing while dealing with something like this is doubt, doubt that people care about you and that they're lying to you because they feel pity!" "But we're not! Gravis has been one of my best friends since the tournament?" "You know that! But if someone you thought would support you and then stabs you in your back, like his mom! You can start having doubts about anyone!"

Gravis's POV

I'm about to get out of my wheelchair so I can meditate when my phone suddenly rings. "Have you broken up with him yet?" My mom asks coldly. "Mom! I love him! I would never break up with him!" "Gravis, you don't know a thing about true love! You CAN'T love someone of the same gender!" "MOM!" "I've told you since you were little that I prefer if you call me mother!" "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ACCEPT WHO I AM!" I snap with tears running down my cheek. "This is just how the world is! GET USED TO IT!" "YOU KNOW! MAYBE THE REASON THAT I'M GAY IS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO DATE WOMEN BECAUSE I'M SCARED THAT THEY WILL TREAT ME EXACTLY LIKE YOU!" I throw my phone on my bad and start crying. Why can't she just accept me for who I am! Doesn't she love me? No, of course she loves me! She's just so stuck in her traditions that she can't see how much I love Jacob! I wish I could find a way to make her see that!  "Gravis?" Bolobo asks as he walks in. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?" "I-I'm not!" I sob and quickly wipe away all my tears. "I'm fine... I'm fine..." "You're not! What's wrong?" "My mother..." I whisper. "I-I'm not sure if she loves me..." "Why?" "Sh-she refuse to l-listen to me! She says I'll burn in hell! I-I..." I break down again in front of him. "I-I I wish she would just accept me!" "I understand that this is hard for you! But you're strong you know that!" "Wh-what if... Jacob, I love him but-" "Gravis! Listen to me! Don't let this affect your relationship with Jacob! If you love him then there's absolutely no problem!" "C-can you bring him to me?" "Of course!" Do I want Jacob to be with me? Yes! Do I want Bolobo to see me cry even more? No! And that's one of the reasons I sent him out!

*timeskippy*

Jacob's POV

"Hi, sweetheart!" I smile and hug my boyfriend. "H-hi Jacob!" he stutters. "Gravis, Bolobo told me you've been crying because of your mom!" "Y-yeah..." "It's okay! you know I love you!" "I love you too!" I jump up on his lap and kiss him. "It's late Gravis! Let's go to sleep!" I help hin lay down in his bed again and snuggle up next to him when I hear sobbing. "It's okay honey! It's okay!" "I-I love you, Jacob! I love you so much! I would never break up with you! Never!" "I know that Gravis! I love you too, I understand that this is hard for you!" "S-Stay with me!" "I will! I will..." "H-How did your parents react to you being gay?" "My parents are gay themselves!" I answer. "My real parents didn't want me!" "Oh, I'm sorry..." "Nah, I never met them and... the fact that they said that they didn't want me to the nurse and immediately set me up for adoption... I don't want to know them!" "M-My mom was always strict! B-but... she loves me, right? Right?" "Gravis, I'm sorry but the only person who can decide that is you! I only met your mom when we visited you at the hospital!" "Sh-she doesn't even want me to call her mom! I have to call her mother! I couldn't even call her mommy when I was little!"