Signed V [pt. 3]

Hi Taehyung. It's Kim Jisoo. I'm really sorry, something came up. I have a photoshoot to attend at 3PM, it's really urgent...
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it today.
Again, I'm truly sorry.
- Jisoo

Jisoo checked her Direct Message inbox. Still no Seen nor reply from him. Maybe he was busy?

As soon as her class ended at half past two, she sprinted to her dorm and gathered her things for the photoshoot - the one with Taehyung. He had left the dresses with her since he already had a lot of equipment to carry.

Dresses, okay. Makeup kit, okay. Coat ... okay ...

Guilt gnawed at her conscience. She was aware that there was no way she'd make it unless she could somehow clone herself.

Once she had packed her small wheeled suitcase, she set out for the InStyle shoot location. It wasn't rush hour yet, so she took the subway train without haste.

She arrived ten minutes early, much to her manager's relief.

.
.
.

"How long do you think it'll take today?" Jisoo asked one of the photographers on set.

"Should be quick," he replied, fiddling with his camera. "One hour at most. It's a new collection of winter dresses."

With a relieved sigh, she went to the makeup artist area. Given that she was just a part-timer, Jisoo didn't do long hours in the first place. Still, it was the travel bit that worried her. If she left here at ten to four, she might barely escape the peak hour.

Jisoo paced back and forth as she waited for the team to set up everything. The makeup artist had applied a palette of subtle rosy hues to her eyes and lips.

At three o'clock sharp, the shoot began.

Jisoo did as she had been instructed. There was no moment left for reflection. At the photographers' prompting, she shifted from one pose to the next effortlessly.

She forbade herself from keeping track of time. Other than adding to the unease budding in her chest, it would also hinder her focus.

"Stop biting your lip," hissed her manager from somewhere off-set.

Ah. Was I?

Jisoo complied, an apologetic look on her face.

"It's cool," interjected the photographer. "We're done now anyway." He stretched his arms ove this head and clapped a few times, thanking everyone for their work today.

Jisoo followed suit and bade everyone goodbye as she headed to her dressing room.

Once inside, she locked the door and undressed. She checked the time: it was twenty to four, much earlier than she had expected.

I got a DM? Ah! Taehyung replied.

His message read:
It's okay, don't worry. We can do it another day.

"No, this is not okay," she muttered under her breath. Booking a studio was costly, and he simply told her he'd be rescheduling it?

I'm coming right now, she replied.

She fished the red dress out of her luggage, for it was the easier one of the two to put on and matched her makeup, and got dressed.

.
.
.

Kim Taehyung sat back behind the counter, a vacant look in his eyes. His body swayed to the beat of pop music playing in the background.

He was waiting for his shift to end. He had been working since 8AM and was waiting for the clock to strike four. Since today was Friday, lunchtime had been hectic.