Chapter 1

"Ding... Ding ... Ding! System A236 loading is complete. System A236 successfully fuses with the host..."

"System A236 is binding task target for the host. Binding target in 10, 9, 8... 1. The target is determined:

Lou Yuan, Male, 27 years old, physical fitness AAA, mental strength SSS, endurance AAA. Potential rating SSS..."

"Novice task: Get Lou Yuan to take the initiative to touch the host. 

Task rating: E (simple)"

"Please asks the host to complete the initial task within three days to receive the novice gift package. Failure to complete the task within the prescribed time limit will result in an E1 level punishment."

Shi Lingxi woke up to a series of mechanical sounds. He felt that his head was about to be blown off due to the pain. He hugged his head in his hands and resisted the urge to bang his head against the wall. He felt it too painful even to think. It didn't take a long time before the pain eased and he began to think of his current situation.

"Apocalypse... Zombie! Mutant beastl! Yes I was bitten! I got bitten by a zombie first, then by a mutant beast... "

Shi Lingxi's eyes suddenly widened, he quickly pulled up his pants to look at his ankles and calves where he was bitten by the zombie and the mutant beast. The skin was smooth and flat. Not to mention the bite marks even the traces of the last three years have been eliminated. He continued to pull up his pants. Not just the lower legs, even the upper parts,his arms and other body parts were devoid of any wound marks he accumulated throughout the years. At the same time there was a layer of dark brown impurities attached to his skin, the stench was intolerable...

Shi Lingxi raised his hands to take a sniff. He has not taken a bath for half a month. And after fighting with the zombie and the mutant animal it was even more stinky. Due to the last three years he is well acquainted with the smell of rotten flesh. The stench from his body seems to be different from that.

When Shi Lingxi thought about the problem his expression was a little dull. He continued to think for a while and then his attention scattered to his surroundings. 

He was in a dark cave. Not far away from him was the E2 level beast he had killed. Before he fell into a coma he assumed it would be his first food after his death. He was somewhat curious about his future life as a zombie. 

Now, not only his wounds were healed, but also his body and mind were not infected. Which is almost impossible. 

In the last three years this common knowledge is almost universal. Except for advanced abilities who have less than 10% resistance, once the ordinary people are infected with the virus, within two hours they will become a zombie. 

"What the hell is this?" Shi Lingxi's eyes widened again, as he saw a set of pink characters appearing on the E2 beast.

Name: E2 level mutated carnivorous canine (juvenile fox)

Does it has a power core? 1 E2 level power core (used)

Rating: E+ (life threatening to the host)

"I'm hallucinating?" Shi Lingxi dragged his body over and looked at the data carefully. But he was sure that he saw the pink figures floating on the mutated beast. 

"What a strange color..." As always Shi Lingxi's focus is always somewhat different from normal people.

He still couldn't move, but the pink colour made him feel weirder than the data itself, as if he was inside a pink bubble. In this rotten cave, in the era of apocalypse where people are not as good as dogs, it's quite abrupt and disharmonious.