Chapter 6

Lou Yuan acknowledged Shi Lingxi’s skills and perseverance, so he made an exception and brought Shi Lingxi with him. 

“Shh” Xiong Kun motioned, and the other members were alert.

Shi Lingxi subconsciously took a step closer to Lou yuan. His hands were pressed against the dagger in his waist, ready to take it out anytime. The smell of rotting flesh which belonged to zombies reached his extra sensitive nose. 

Two minutes later a pale, gray-faced zombie appeared in their sight. Its clothes were torn and internal organs were almost falling out. Even then it possessed enough lethality to kill people. 

“You go, use the military knife to deal with it.” Lou Yuan said to Shi Lingxi. This is just an E level zombie. Theoretically, Shi Lingxi, who has barely become a power is enough to deal with it. 

And this was one of the reasons why Lou Yuan was willing to take Shi Lingxi with them. He consciously wanted Shi Lingxi to exercise his physical strength and abilities. In this cruel apocalyptic era, it is more reliable for Shi Lingxi to grow up and protect himself rather than relying on others.

“Well,” Shi Lingxi replied promptly, adding another percent to the progress of their conversation task. He pulled out his knife with satisfaction, took ten steps forward and came to a halt. His gaze locked on the zombie running towards him with an open mouth. 

Name: E3 level zombie

Is a crystal nucleus present? Yes

Rating: E (host survival rate is 90%)

The E level system allows Shi Lingxi to be immune to the virus carried by E-level zombies. Even if he accidentally gets scratched, he won’t turn into a zombie. 

But then his biggest secret would be revealed and he might end up living in a research laboratory for the rest of his life. Shi Lingxi was already mistrustful of the system’s rating standards. However, he believed in his own judgment that there will be no danger. 

20 meters, 19 meters…10 meters. He accurately kept measuring the distance between the zombie and him. 9 meters, 8 meters…1 meter! Now!!!

Shi Lingxi crouched down and quickly slid behind the zombie. While holding the dagger with both hands, he jumped up and plunged the dagger fiercely into the back of the zombie’s head – the only fatal point. 

This was the most effortless and fast hunting method Shi Lingxi had come up with. During the doomsday, physical strength is the key to survival. As for the terrible zombies, Shi Lingxi had filtered them out. 

He pulled out his dagger from the zombie. Instead of retreating, he squatted down and dug out the fingernail-sized crystal nucleus from the zombie’s head. He wiped away the blood, walked back to Lou Yuan’s side and held it up with both his hands. “This is for you.”

Shi Lingxi didn’t want to miss any chance to talk to Lou Yuan. It doesn’t matter if Lou Yuan accepts or rejects, what matters to Shi Lingxi most, is that he can make further progress on his daily task. Also considering Lou yuan’s level he probably wouldn’t want a low-level nucleus. Even if this is the case, Shi Lingxi will not act irresponsibly. After returning to the camp, he would take the initiative to hand it in.