Chapter 4- The Quest

Once upon a time, I woke up from a horrifying nightmare. This time, instead of forgetting, I remembered. I remembered every single detail of that dream as though I was living it. I felt every emotion and thought even though I wasn’t there. Out of all days, I had to remember today. What a coincidence? Anyway, today was the day where I was going on my first disco and quest. I wonder how other Grimm’s dealt with this situation. 

Groggily slipping out of bed, I prepared for what could be either the best or worst day of my life. With my luck it is probably worse. Walking down the spiral wooden staircase, I saw the most shocking thing ever. My dad had a toast in his hand that reached out for me. For me. Staring at him shockingly, I waited for him to eat it but he didn’t.

 “Take your stupid Romeo before I regret this,” he muttered in a low voice. If it was going to be like this every quest, then I would happily accept one any day of the week. Taking it from him, I went up to his face to then munch it and crunch it as slowly and loudly as I could. I could see the pain in his eyes as the toast was now an official sign of defeat for him and victory for me.

“Just don’t do anything to get of track,” my mother yelled from the kitchen.

Grabbing my bag while eating my Romeo, I skipped happily outside to school. This was the best start to the day, how could it be worse. Sadly, though, with my luck I was also nearly late for period one and two. Finally period five came, the last lesson of the day before the disco. Coincidently, I had literature class and we were going to present our side of our fairy-tale. After everyone had done theirs, I knew it was my turn. I could feel the nerves starting to build up on me but I had to ignore them. Turning around, I gulped and started the presentation. When it was over, I quickly sat back down, trying to forget that thirty pairs of eyes were judging me.

Mina and I walked over to her house as my mum had already dropped of my dress there. Mina was the first one to get prepared for the disco. I gave her a messy side bun with some lose curly hair while her make-up was natural look with mascara, lip gloss, foundation and eye liner. For me, I had loose curly hair with a side fringe pinned across with a red rose. She gave me thick black eye liner with even thicker red lip stick and some mascara.

Reaching school, I told Mina to go in without me because I had to pee. When everyone was out of eye sight, I took the grimoire out of my basket. “Grimoire, could you pretty please change into a notebook,” I asked the book. Anybody looking would think I was crazy but my parents told me that if you asked the grimoire to change into a certain form, it would do it. Soon enough, the rusty large book started to shimmer and the next thing I know, the book had turned itself into a brand new red note book.

Grabbing it, I was about to go inside when I heard a sound. It was over by the trees. Letting curiosity take over me, my feet went closer to the sound.

   I was walking through a curvy path when a sound had interrupted me.

Crunch!

Crunch!

There it was, right behind the rows of bushes. Suddenly I remembered what my mother had told me. She had forbidden me to take a foot of the path for the danger of a mysterious creature but still a dangerous one.

Crunch!

Crunch!

This time it was closer and louder than the before, which made me even more jittery in the inside. Dismissing the thought it must have been just my imagination. Before I could take one more step, I had heard the noise once again. Mother wouldn’t mind if I just one foot of the path. But as soon as I did, I saw it. It wasn’t any one I ever thought it could be. It was Mr Shane my literature teacher. He was the big bad wolf. Before I knew what I was doing, I started to run towards the other side of the small forest. It was hard dodging through each tree like an obstacle course. The grimoire, I thought all of a sudden. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Taking the red not book out of my basket, I went to a straight halt. I didn’t know what I was doing; it was as if someone was controlling my body. Whoever was taking control of me was very determined. Soon, I was face to face with Mr Shane. “You know, even if you capture me in that weak book there is no way you can destroy the rest of the hundred,” he chuckled humourlessly.

Mr Shane was wearing old baggy clothing with what I hoped was fake ears and claws. Even his teeth were razor sharp. Then it made sense. I was the naïve young girl in the red hood that didn’t listen to their mother and fell for the deceiving wolf. But I wasn’t going to let him eat neither me nor my grandmother. Opening the grimoire, I face it at him. The book started to float in the air and glowed ever so brightly. Soon, everything was gone, including Mr Shane. Well one down, nighty-nine to go. If this was life as a story-hunter then bring it on. I am proud to be who I am.

A Grimm.

The End