Introductions

Marcus POV:

When the bell rang, indicating class was over, I got up my seat and began to approach Max. All I had to do was introduce myself, become friends and maybe something more along on the way. But every step made heart pound, my palms sweaty I felt like I couldn't breathe and thank god that vampire's had pale skin by default cause my face would've been crimson red.

Okay, come on Marcus take a deep breath and just say hi. I proceeded with the plan, right as max was about to leave for his next class. Turning his body to the exit.

"Hi" I Blurted behind him, Ugh, great now he's gonna think I'm weird, first impression are everything. At my greeting max rotated his head our eyes meeting for the first time.

Then did something unexpected, he smiled. at first, I thought I was hallucinating from all sweat and pressure I felt just to say 'hi' but he was smiling it didn't look forced but a beautiful smile that shooed away my anxiety.

"Hi" Max uttered, my heart crazed at his reply; I swear it was gonna jump out of chest.

"I'm Marcus," I said as I stick my hand out for a handshake he took it, his were so soft and small, but I became dejected when he pulled away.

"So what class-" I tried to say but the abrupt fire alarm over powered my voice.

"May all students please make their way to the courtyard in an orderly fashion" The speaker instructed, glancing at Max I noticed that he seemed. Scared.

"Don't worry there's never any actual danger besides its probably just a drill?" I said, trying to reassure him that he would be perfectly safe.

"Come on let's go to the courtyard," I said before motioning for him to follow me. As I lead us to the courtyard through a large packed crowd. I looked behind to see max was gone. I thought he was right behind me. My eyes searching for him. Where is he?

"Hey," a familiar voice called behind me, I immediately switched to their direction only to find out it was my sister.

"What's wrong with you," My sister asked stunned at my swift rotation just to face her. which wasn't really for her. 

"Nothing," I said to her as I moved to the courtyard to see if max was already there. Once I made it to the court I stretched my neck out moving my head randomly in every course to see if I could locate max from the massive assembly gathering. still no luck, I grew anxious.

It was like that game where you had to find that guy with the red and white striped hat and sweater.

With no prevail losing hope I began drifting away from the crowd into a less of surrounded area for solitude. Yet afore I could accept my defeat I hear a faint call for my name.

Turning to the direction of the delicate voice, I see max waving his hand to get my already caught attention. Happy that I found him, removing myself from my position, I dashed through the herd of people.

When I reached max, I guess I was a little eager to get to him because when I halted in front of him My face inches away from Max. I wasn't complaining though. Nevertheless, it was stopped by Max being taken aback and brought up against two much looking older boys than I. familiar as they seemed I was clueless as to who they were.

"Hey I could have fallen backwards" max scolded as he turned to look at the gorgeous two. Max then turning back to me.

"These are my brothers" max introduced as he held both hands up to either side pointing to his 'brothers' behind him. One resembled max yet the other appeared completely different.

"This is Hugo" he pointed at the what I would say as the odd brother having dirty blond hair with pale blue eyes with a hint of hazel, weird considering while max and his identical half shared pitch black locks that contrasted with there emerald green hues.

"and this is Magnus" he said, pointing to his look alike. 

"Hi, I'm Marcus I'm in the same class as Max" I explained, sticking my hand out for a handshake, however, the brothers did nothing but glare at me as if I insulted them, awkwardly accepting there decline I slid my hand in my pocket. Without notice the blond brother broke their watch on me to look down at there little brother.

"Dad can't pick us up we're walking," he said, looking pissed as he did so. Maybe he doesn't like exercise. 

"Okay" max agreed, with that said a prolonged silence followed. Lost as to what to say in the situation I kept my mouth shut. We stood in total silence. No one dared uttered a single word. But nevertheless luck was on my side, I glance to my left to see merlin talking to one of teachers. I take the opportunity and lift my hand up.

"Merlin" I shout, hoping he would hear me. He did but only waved back and continued to socialise with the teacher, I called out to him again with a serious look, he turned to me before saying bye to the teacher to run towards me.

"You called" merlin said, with a curious look. 

"Yeah..um..I needed to talk to you about the thing" I said, trusting merlin to 'catch my drift' 

"What thing?" He said confused, he doesn't understand, come on merlin!

"The thing" I said, with a quick glance at max and his brothers so merlin could understand what I was trying too say. With time he finally gasped, receiving the message.

"OOOh that thing...yeah sure wanna a talk about it somewhere else" he said, gesturing his hands to a place which was not here. 

"Yeah" I said, and looked at max

"Until next time" I said, before leaving and walking away with merlin.

"What was that about" merlin asked

"Long story short, I may have a crush that has two overprotective brothers" I say, reflecting on what I've gotten myself into. 

"Is it worth it" merlin said, I look back at max from the distance to catch him smiling. I start to smile as well.

"Yeah, it is" I said.