Chapter 1: Fresh Start

I walk into the bar, wearing a black hoodie, dark blue jeans, and some Converse looking shoes. I look around and look at the bar table. There's two empty seats. I take one and I keep my head down.

"I think you should be in the Apex Games. It could really help you out. It'll give you fame and fortune." The guy sitting next to me says. I look over and he stabs a knife into a technological newspaper. "I already told you, I'm not interested." The bartender says. I look up at the bartender and almost instantly recognizes his face.

I seen his face somewhere. Maybe on the news? I don't know.

He walks over to me and asks what I want. "Margarita I guess." I say, keeping my head low. I keep my hood on and it blocks out my face. "Comin' right up!" He says enthusiastically. He hands me my drink and I thank him.

I drink my drink and then I search my pockets for anything to pay with.

Nothing.

"Great." I mutter and I hurry and walk out. "H-hey." I hear his voice behind me. I run and head into an alley. I walk through the alley and I hear guys wolf whistle and I feel their eyes on me. I keep my head down until someone pushes me up against the alley wall. He holds me down by the shoulders.

"You look stressed. Want me to take the stress away?" The guy whispers and gets closer to me, heading for my neck. I do the first thing I could think of and kick him where the sun doesn't shine. He grunts and lets go of me and I shove him off of me. That's when I realized that I'm messing with a big gang. I look around, fear clear in my eyes. "Get her." Is all l hear the guy I kicked say and soon enough I get held down onto the ground, the side of my face hitting the ground hard.

The guy I kicked stands up and grabs me. "No one says no to me." He yells at me and he lets me go. "Up." He says and I feel two arms lift my upper body and puts me on my knees, holding me into place. He walks up to me and stares at me and I glare at him. He smirks, turns back around, then turns back to me and punches me square in the jaw. That sent my head flying to the side and I look back at him at he does the same thing over and over again.

They let go of me and start walking away into the darkness of the alley and left me there bleeding out. It doesn't take long until I feel dizzy and my vision becomes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up on something soft. I don't remember concrete being soft. I look around and I see that I'm in some type of living room. I push myself off what seemed to be a pillow and I look around. This place is really nice. Wait..where am I exactly?

I look around and I don't see anyone. "Oh hey! You're awake." I look over and see this guy with curly hair walk into the room. "I was wondering if you were still alive." My eyes widened at that comment. "W-what?" I whispered. He started walking towards me, probably to check on me, but I started to back away, hitting the shoulder of the couch. "Hey. It's okay. It's just me." He said calmly.

He sits next to me and looks at me in the eyes. "It's okay. I seen what happened and I took you here. Do you by any chance feel any pain?" He asks and I shake my head. "I followed you last night because you didn't pay for your Margarita." He says and I chuckled softly. "I didn't have money. Sorry about that." I say and he looks almost shocked. "How do you not have money? You have a job..right?" He asks and I shake my head. "Wish to but they all wanted my address and I couldn't give it to them." I say.

"I heard about the Apex Games and I've been thinking about doing those for the money. I-" I stop myself from saying it. I'm talking to a random stranger. They don't need to know. "What? What were you going to say?" He asks. "It doesn't matter." I get up to leave. I start walking to the door. "Hey don't leave yet." I turn the doorknob. "You can stay here." I open the door. "I'll train you for the Games." I stop and turn around. "No fees. As long as you stay here." He says and I shut the door.

(A/N: This story gets better, I promise. Give this story a chance. It gets interesting ;)

(Edit: I added the picture so you guys can have an idea of what Glitch looks like. Credit for the picture goes to Orisaaa for making the beautiful photo❤)