Chapter 12

Something stomped forwards, leaving footprints in the sand. "Are you sure this is the way?" A hoarse voice asked. "Oh, I'm definitely sure." A second giggled, leading the way. "Is it necessary that we're here?" Another said. "Yes," the first answered gruffly "You're our backup."

The four figure continued in silence, until one asked "What about 'him'?" The tall one suddenly turn with so much force the one who asked flinched. "Don't mention 'him'." It growled, turning back and, now in a sour mood, kept walking. "So much for trying to lighten the mood." It sighed, as they walked into the distance.

Little did they know, something bigger was leaving it's own prints over theirs.

Pearl was pacing next to the table as Garnet and Amethyst sat on the couch. The awkward silence was soon broke by Pearl. "So, any ideas on how to help Steven? I think it's clear that.. corruption.. has almost taken him." Garnet shifted in her seat so her feet were planted firmly on the floor.

"We already know that Roses fountain doesn't work." Garnet paused and secretly shot a glance to Amethysts scarred gem. "Maybe we need to talk to him." Pearl nodded with a distant look in her eyes. "Did Rose ever say something like this could happen?" Amethyst chimes in, leaning out from her seat.

"No, and she definitely would of at least told me about something this bad!" Pearl droned, a worried look plastered on her face. "Yes, and there no reason this should be happening, so we should try to ask Steven when he wakes up." Garnet added.

Amethyst leaned back. "This is really starting to get confusing." She sighed. Pearl nodded sadly. "My future vision isn't working with anything related to Steven either. When I try, it gets all fuzzy and can divide multiple ways." Garnet said, rubbing the back of her head. "I'm sure we'll find the answer soon enough."

"I think we need to try again. I'm going to go get more fountain water." Pearl concluded, summoning a smaller plastic bucket you'd use at the beach from her gem. Bucket in hand, she quickly made her way onto the warp pad, and was gone. Garnet also got up.

"I'm going to go get some donuts for Steven. Maybe they'll help his memory." She walked out too. Amethyst was alone now. Sighing, she walked to the fridge and pulled out a cold pizza, tempted to eat it whole, but instead decided to make some for Connie. Carefully shoving it in the oven, set it and grabbed something else out of the fridge. A watermelon? She decided not to question it and shoved it in her mouth, not bothering to chew.

Soon, it was done. She put it on a plate and called Connie downstairs, who reluctantly trudged down onto the couch. "Alright, I know you're worried Connie, so let's talk." Amethyst said to the tired girl. Reaching for a slice, Connie groaned. "Is it that obvious?" "Yup. So tell me, how do you feel?" Amethyst grabbed her own slice, prepared to hear Connie rant.

"Well, first off, Steven is.. mutated!" "Corrupted." "Thank you, Amethyst." Connie sighed "I told my parents I was running away." Amethyst choked on her pizza, and received an annoyed glare from Connie. "We also have NO IDEA when Steven's waking up," she swallowed her pizza "and to make it worse, I didn't get to look for him because my parents were arguing with me!"

Connie had said enough, has she began to cry. Amethyst was shocked, but was grateful Connie could talk about her feelings. In an attempt to comfort her, she leaned over and put a supportive hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, everything will be better soon, you have us with you!" Connie smiled, until the sound of shattering glass interrupted them.

——————————————————

Aye. This was originally gonna be shorter because I started writing it in the car. Don't worry, I wasn't driving others wise it'd probably not make sense. Enjoy!

- Salty

Sharp as thorns

Claws clicking together

You only see his horns

They wanted him to stay

But they all left him

And, to this day

They heard nothing he would say.