EPILOGUE

"Congratulations on winning another case, Attorney Martinez!" 

I gave my boss a small smile before walking back to my table to do more work and read more documents. I went straight here from the court, feeling so exhausted after the trial with the dumb prosecutor. I shook my head and looked for some documents in my desk. I didn't like being disorganized. 

"Baguhan ka pa lang pero matunog na ang pangalan mo sa field natin. Good job." The lady boss tapped my shoulder to commend me. 

"Thank you," I answered politely before sitting down on my swiveling chair. 

"Because of that, I think you can take Villaflor's case." She even lowered her voice down like it was a secret. 

My eyes immediately tore away from the documents to stare at her, confused. The surname sounded familiar to me. Patago kong hiniling na sana hindi 'yun ang ibig niyang sabihin. I didn't want to take a case like that. 

"Read it." She placed the folder on my desk before walking away. 

Matagal kong tinitigan ang folder sa harapan ko bago ko binuksan 'yon. When I saw the profile of the accused, I immediately closed it and massaged my head. Fuck it. Tama nga. It was that fucking asshole. This time, it was rape. 

"Problemadong problemado? Kakapanalo mo lang ng kaso, ah," bumulong si Adonis sa likod ko. "Sana all." 

"Go away," mahina kong hinampas ng folder ang mukha niya. 

He made a face and whispered how grumpy I was before walking away. I saw him throw a crumpled paper on Leo's desk before running to his desk like a kid. I rolled my eyes and covered my face a little. I was getting secondhand embarrassment from Adonis. 

'Yun lang ang laman ng utak ko buong gabi. I read the file repeatedly. Paulit-ulit ko ring nababasa ang pangalan niya. Miguel Villaflor, the one who abused Kierra, Luna's cousin. 

Luna. 

I sighed heavily and looked up. It was a bright full moon. Napaisip ako kung kumusta na ba siya ngayon? Matagal na noong huli ko siyang nakita. Years have passed and I still couldn't stop thinking of her. I also went out with other people while we were separated but it just wasn't the same as what I felt with her. 

Fuck, yeah. She was right. It was a curse. Whenever I looked at the moon, I thought of her. Kahit ayoko. Kahit labag sa loob ko. 

She hurt me a lot. I wanted to get mad at her. I wanted to get even but I loved her too much that I couldn't. My love for her drowned my rage slowly as years passed by. Kung dati, galit ako, ngayon, gusto ko na lang siyang makita. Kahit makita lang, okay na. Kahit hindi na niya 'ko kausapin. I just wanted to know if she was doing fine. 

I stared at the folder and remembered what I said to her years ago. Justice will be served. I'll make sure of that.