Blind Male Reader x Rogue Cheney (Fairy Tail) | Part 2

Hey guys! Long-time no speak!! Sorry about that. It wasn't my intention to even take a break but I needed a mental break very badly. But anyway, you've all been waiting long enough for an update, so I'm going to give you one.

Requested by: Weirdo86chan

~

(M/N) (L/N)'s p.o.v

What is happiness?

It's a question I still ask myself.

To be honest, when I was younger, I never knew what happiness was. Or experiencing happy times. I still remember the bad, the ugly, and the miserable times even though they were so long ago. The times that I was scared to be in my own skin, scared that I'd be beaten, that I'd continue to be a punching bag for those who had what I did not have. For those who could see the world around them, while I could not.

When I was younger, I thought that I deserved all that happened to me. I thought I deserved to be blind. I thought I deserved to be alone, beaten, and bullied. Because my parents left me with their old guild master. I thought that it was my fault that my mom had died during childbirth and my dad was stuck with me, with a face that reminded him so much of my mother that he couldn't take it and left me with a man that mentally and physically abused me for the rest of my life so that he could end it and go back to my mom.

I thought that the death of my mother and the suicide of my father was truly my fault, and that was the reason why bad things were happening to me. Including the fact that I had to fend for myself at a young age. A young age that some would believe was more than abuse, the age that I started walking. A blind toddler, who couldn't see where they were going had to look out for themselves. But, I couldn't complain. I couldn't even see. Much less feel sad about my situation.

"It's your fault that they're dead, and anyone who tells you any different is a lying bastard." I remember being told those words by my old guild master. Every day of my life he would tell me how much of a burden I was, how much he couldn't stand me, and how much of a mistake my existence was. I would hear it every day from a person I couldn't even see. I remember how he would wrap his hand around my neck and lift me up into the air.

He'd hold me up in the air until I felt my face became cold, and then he'd let me go, letting me fall the floor. I'd feel pain in my legs, stomach, sides, head, and arms from every hit that came my way right afterward. I'd get dragged by my hair down a flight of stairs and cuffed to a wall by my neck, never leaving that cold and damp place until he felt like I deserved it. Until he felt like I deserved to be away from the place that he used to come in and take his anger out on me.

I still remember everything that happened in that basement. And how bad the pain was when I was left alone. I still remember being fed whenever he felt like feeding me, and how I was able to feel my bones instead of feeling any muscle. I still remember how that room became the only home that I knew ever since I learned to walk, and talk. How close I had been to death multiple times, and how I wish it would just come and take me.

But I guess fate is twisted because not dying brought me to him. The person who saved me from all of it. I still remember the day that I kept bumping into him, how scared I was because I had this deep heartache feeling that I'd be in trouble with my guild master. How I was beaten and knocked out cold for the exact gut feeling I had. I remember all the screaming and yelling, how confused I was that it was happening, and how tired I was.

I remember the noise the basement door made when it was banged opened or the gasp that came from somewhere in the room. How I heard metal being cut, and it falling to the floor. How I was picked up by someone I never knew, but they held me like I was the most important person to them. I remember telling them thank you before I fell asleep in their arms, feeling safer than I ever have in my whole entire life. I guess it was the tingling I felt when his skin came in contact with mine.