Tutor

You lazily bop your head along with the music that blared through your headphones. You stare down the algebra textbook that lay in front of you. You really didn't want to do this... But you needed a grade so you did the homework anyways. If anything you would have preferred to be watching a movie or something of the sort.

      You sigh.

      Deciding to take a break, you take off your headphones and stand up, heading towards your dorm room's window. Sometimes your tiny dorm room felt a little crowded and it didn't help that you weren't the cleanest person on Earth.

      You stare out of the open window and out onto the city skyline. The sky was dark with very little clouds, but the bright lights of Brooklyn prevented you from seeing more than a couple of stars. You then look down onto the street, despite the hour, there was still a sizeable amount of people on the sidewalks. You watch them silently as they walk by. Sometimes the ungodly amount of homework you got overwhelmed you, that is why you always took the time to enjoy the little things. Things like this.

      After taking in the sight outside of your window for a couple moments more, you close the window and return to your desk. A little more focused, you continue your homework, this time, ditching the headphones.

☆゚.*・。゚

      You lift your phone from the desk and stare at it with a sleepy gaze.

11:48 pm, it read.

      God, you were tired.

      You look out of the window one last time, just catching a glimpse of Brooklyn's very own Spiderman. You wondered what he could be doing. Spiderman things, probably.

      You were way too tired to think.

      You quickly put on your pajamas and slip into bed.

☆゚.*・。゚

      The next morning, you rise from your bed, almost as tired as you were the night before, but this time, not sleepy tired, just tired.

      You begrudgingly stand from the semi-stiff mattress in order to get ready. You take a quick shower and begin putting on your uniform: a crisp, white button-up shirt, a dark grey vest with the BVA emblem on it and a black and white plaid skirt. You check the mirror making sure that everything looked nice, despite the fact that it always looked the same every time you wore it.

      You reach for your phone that rested on your nightstand, charging. You unplug it and read the time,

7:46 am, it read.

      Just enough time for you to do your hair.

      You enter the small bathroom that branched from your dorm room. Your parents were kind enough to have requested you don't receive a roommate, this of course came with a price, both monetary and metaphorically speaking. Your room was a lot smaller than the two-people rooms. You still got the bathroom, you just didn't get the bunk bed. Instead, you got a twin-sized bed that was positioned at the corner of the room.

      But now was not the time to think about how tiny your room was. You [brushed your hair and left it out/you pulled your hair into a slick ponytail.] You proceeded to continue your morning routine; brushing teeth, putting shoes on, and triple-checking that last night's homework was in your bag. Lastly, you gently slide your laptop into its case and then into your backpack, along with your pair of headphones.

      Finally, the morning bell rang and you rushed out of your dorm, but not before snagging your phone and dorm key.

      Today was Wednesday. Unlike Tuesday or Monday or any other day of the week, you particularly liked Wednesdays because you have Study Hall instead of any other extracurricular. Study hall gave you a chance to quietly unwind from a stressful day, study for an upcoming quiz, or even get your inspiration flowing enough to sketch.