A date.

Friday, November 22, 1993.

"I used to think parent or guardian meeting means I was going to be in trouble" Said Celine taking my hand as I walked her to school.

I decided that walking early in the mornings, and spending some extra time with Celine was a bit therapeutic. We enjoyed each other's company a lot. Her school was barely six blocks away from home, so we didn't hesitate to take some fresh air as we talked about random stuff.

"I guess that pretty little head isn't in peace" I joked playing with her hair.

"it is" She smiled.

"I'm glad"

"Hanna!" She shouted a girl's name. A pretty girl the same age as Celine, quickly approached her when she spotted her as we got to the school.

"Celine!" The girl greeted her with a hug.

"Mum, this is my best friend Hanna"

"Nice to meet you, Hanna" I smiled at the little girl.

"Wow, Celine, your mum is very beautiful" The girl looked up at me amazed.

"She is"

"Hanna. I told you, you shouldn't be running like that" A young man appeared behind the little girl. "Oh, I'm sorry" He said as he noticed my presence while he couldn't take his eyes off me "You know how little girls can be" He joked shyly showing his little childish smile.

"I know" I smiled.

"So, um... Hi, my name is Alan. I'm Hanna's father, you must be Celine's mum" He shook my hand smiling.

"Yeah, I just found out they're best friends, and so I met her. Very lovely girl" I smiled.

"Well, you just met her. I can't judge you" He joked.

"No way" I laughed.

"That's the bell ringing! Come on, let's go Hanna" Celine took Hanna's hand as they made their way to their classroom. "See you later, mum!" She shouted as she and Hanna waved goodbye.

"No kiss. My heart is broken" I sighed as I joked.

"Get used to it" He sighed too as he wouldn't take his eyes off his little girl running when he just told her not to.

"Hope it won't hurt. She's the only living love of my life now" I said.

"And so is Hanna to me..." He turned to look at me. "...it's a single dad thing"

"I understand. I'm in the same situation"

"It happens...well. I guess there's always time to move on" He shrugged. "Umm by the way. I didn't get your name"

"Rose Marie"

"Beautiful..." His eyes sparkled "Rose Marie, I hope I'm not being inappropriate, I was wondering if you would like to go out with me this Sunday?"

"Sunday...?" It caught me off guard. I didn't want to be rude, or disappoint him. The young man was being polite, and I had no idea how to react to that. I could say at that time; I was too innocent to know he wanted to date me. "The 24th..." I trailed off

"Oh, but you don't have to decide now; I think I forgot to mention it. Here is my number" He handed me a little card with his name and number written on it. "Give me a call if you decide to go out" He shook my hand one more time, and walked back to his car as he disappeared on the road.

I walked back home thinking how uncomfortable and frustrating it was. It's not that I don't like interacting with people. It's the fact that the phrase he said, started to make me feel pressured. "It's always time to move on" What did he say that to me? and why do I feel pressured by that?