2 || ᴠɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴀʀᴋ

Oky, I'm such a clown. I had written this up before Valentine's day and was going to post it on the 14th, but I hadn't edited it yet (still haven't). So I was editing it very slowly and then forgot about it on Valentine's day. And this whole time since then I thought I had posted it and just realised...I hadn't??? So it's very very very late but here it is :(

-

Mark Lee wasn't proud of many things. He wasn't proud of the way he dressed up, he wasn't proud of the way his glasses would slip off his nose because of how sweaty he got. He wasn't even proud of his music, despite the constant love he received from all the members. But there was one thing he was extremely proud of, and that was the fact that he was the first one to confess.

So when all the members were gathered up

in the living room — choosing what game to play before finally deciding on Ludo, because all of them secretly loved that game — and Donghyuck had very obviously lied to them all, Mark was fuming.

"I was the one who confessed first," Donghyuck claimed as soon as the question left Johnny's mouth. Hearing those words, Mark's head snapped up and he glared at Donghyuck, who simply ignored him and held a hand up in his general direction. "I confessed to hyung first, and then he confessed."

"False!" Mark yelled, jumping up from his comfortable spot on the sofa — which Yuta immediately dived into — and held up an accusing finger towards Donghyuck. "If I remember correctly, I was the one who confessed first!"

"Well then," Donghyuck shrugged, his faint smile became a smug smirk and he raised his eyebrow at Mark. "I guess you don't remember correctly."

"But I do!" Mark huffed out and pushed aside Doyoung as he made his way to Donghyuck. "I mean...I was the one, right?"

"Hmm, no. I was. Come on, Mark hyung, think carefully. Don't you think I would say it first?" Donghyuck placed his hand on Mark's shoulder and gave him a serious look. "Do you really think you would be the first to confess to me? Do you really?"

Silence followed and the rest of the members, who knew the truth about who was truly the first, snickered in the background. Mark squinted his eyes and his eyebrows furrowed. He thought about it carefully and from his memory, he remembered how he had been having a deep conversation with Donghyuck. Mark was pretty sure he confessed first...but from what Donghyuck was saying, his mind seemed to make it the other way around.

"Look, hyung," Donghyuck cleared his throat, shuffling around and wrapped his arm around him. "You and I were standing outside the dressing room on our concert day, right?" Mark nodded. "Then you said you wanted to talk about something, right? I'm narrating it properly, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, continue," Mark shook his hand and leaned closer. 

"Alright, so then when you began to speak, I decided that it would be best if I just confessed to you," Donghyuck continued. "You know, to get the nervousness to pass away and stuff."

"...Okay," Mark nodded slowly and then brought a hand up to scratch his head. "But I'm pretty sure you confessed after me."

"Incorrect," Donghyuck shook his head, facepalming slightly and then ruffled Mark's hair. "You see, hyung, after you told me that you were just talking to Jungwoo hyung, I immediately said I liked you."

"You did?" Mark questioned him, tilting his head to the side and shot him a look of confusion. 

"Yeah!" Donghyuck confirmed, nodding his head innocently and then sat up on the sofa. "You see, after you said all those sweet things, I figured that you probably liked me the same way I liked you. I knew you would be too scared to confess first, since you were under the impression that I didn't reciprocate your feelings, so I confessed."