Chapter 10

Parker's POV

The boys and I walk to the apple store, which happens to be blindingly white, and they immediately walk off to the front to ask for assistance. I hang back, stepping to the side and gazing up at the wall full of phone cases and other phone parts. I immediately find one that suits me and balance on my tippy-toes, reaching for it and grasping it with my fingers. The back is made out of silver gunmetal and the side are black. I grab a black charger and a pair of white earbuds since I think the big headphones are bulky and too expensive.

"Whatcha got there?" Zayn taps my shoulder, causing to jump about 5 feet away. I put a hand to my chest, regenerating my breath and steadying my heartbeat.

"Gosh, you scared me." I breathe.

"No." Zayn shakes his head disappointedly. "You were scared of my touch." I lower my gaze to my feet, feeling guilty.

"So what did you pick out?" Zayn questions agains, trying to make the conversation light. I look up and smile at him nervously, showing him what I had picked out. "Very cool." he grins.

Zayn gestures to the boys who are standing around a table with an apple person; the boys are looking at me expectantly.
I stroll towards them through the crowd, holding my breath as if I breathe, everyone will suck it out of me. I finally make it to them and let out a relived sigh.

"We set it up." Niall grins triumphantly. "Are you ready?"

"Yes." I nod, wanting to get out of the crowded store.
"Well, let's g--"

I run out of the store before Liam can finish his sentence and I plop myself on a bench, watching them frantically run out of the Apple store as well. Most likely for different reasons.

"Parker, you scared us!" Harry exclaims. "We thought you... we thought you were running away... again."

"I've learned you guys aren't so bad." I say quietly, making them smile. "But don't mess it up."

Harry rolls his eyes and beckons me to stand up. I stand up clumsily from the bench, not feeling very coordinated for some reason. My stomach growls and I try to hide it.
Shut up, stomach.

"What's wrong?" Louis asks me, concern evident in his eyes. I didn't even know I was cringing until Louis called attention to it.

"Nothing." I smile unconvincingly.

Everyone seems to believe me, except for Harry. He's giving me the most calculative and suspicious stare he's given me so far, and that says a lot since he's spent the past 24 hours trying to figure me out. I'll make sure he doesn't.

"How about we get some lunch?" Harry suggests, smirking at me. "The food court, perhaps?"

"YES." Niall blurts out.

"Wait," Zayn turns to me again; my stomach growls and I cover it with a cough, making Harry stifle a laugh. "is there anything else you would like? Art supplies? Hair and makeup stuff?"

"No makeup or hair stuff." I furrow my eyebrows. "And I have pencils, so I'm good."

"Alright, let's go." Niall instructs hurriedly, ushering us down the mall and pushing us from behind to make us move faster; at least he doesn't touch me. We stroll into the food court and it smells amazing.
(A/N: I don't know if they have a Chick-fil-a in England so bear with me)
I spot a Chick-fil-a and my stomach growls.

"YES." Niall licks his lips, racing towards it. We all follow after him and we wait in line. I gaze up at the menu, my stomach growling again.
"Hungry?" Harry quirks an eyebrow.