Chapter 14: Soundwave's Message

Ultra Magnus had all available troops defend the outer perimeters. When Blaster notified him of Airachnid's sudden arrival with Meridian in tow, he immediately rushed to their medical center. But he was met by a five-helmed Predacon who started destroying everything in its path.

     "Perceptor! Iacon defenses are taking a beating!" Prowl shouted over their commlinks. "Red Alert's team are pinned down! They can't reach the victims without going through that Predacon!"

     "It's a femme! How could it have such power?" Sun Streaker asked as Firestar and Moonracer evaded fire from the roaring Predacon.

     "You obviously don't have any idea about us femmes, do you?" Firestar asked, transforming her servos into blasters. "You mechs sure are a pain in the aft."

     "What spawned this monstrosity?" Mirage asked, holding his helm from the debris falling around them.

     "There are casualties in the lower districts but our teams can't reach them!" Red Alert reported back to Perceptor. "I've just lost two medics to that thing!"

     "Kickback and Bombshell just got eviscerated!" Hardhead cried out, his scream drowned in the roar of flames.

     Ultra Magnus watched the monitor from command center as each blip disappeared rapidly. One blip gone, one Cybertronian gone as well. The aerial contingent only have Powerglide left and he's running low on energon.

     "Magnus!?" came Hound's voice through the comm lines. "Commander! The spacebridge is damaged beyond repair! There is no way we can jury-rig that thing to bring back Prime!"

     "Blaster, have all teams retreat to the safety of the defense grid," Ultra Magnus ordered. "Sound the alarm. Have the city evacuated at once."

     The klaxons blared and the general populace hurriedly got into the underground shelters, while the combined Autobot and Decepticon forces mobilized to subdue Obsidian. The Predacon merely watched as the forces advanced. By now, the Star of the Solstice Tide has reached a quarter of its peak. Obsidian remained still even as she got pummeled by the Cybertronians' weapons. When the smoke cleared, she stood fast before them, unscathed! The defending forces looked shocked! Obsidian roared and leaped into the air, and attacked!

     His wheels screeched to a halt and he transformed into his alt mode. Ultra Magnus knew that this was no ordinary Predacon. He knows that no ordinary weapon can stop it. But perhaps his warhammer could. The powers of the Forge of Solus may have all diminished but its metal shimmers with an aura that could well have been from its creator.

     "Powerglide! I'll need a lift!" he called out to the remaining aerial bot who survived Obsidian's attack. The aerial bot swooped in low and Ultra Magnus jumped on, straddling him for stability.

     "Magnus! Do you think this is unwise?" Perceptor asked, seeing several blips disappear from the screen, the screams from the speakers were cancelled out by the static.

     "Yes! But Optimus took the same risks to protect us!" Ultra Magnus replied as they got closer. "Powerglide! Get me above that Predacon!"

     "You'll get fragged doing this, you know that?" Powerglide said, climbing higher.

      "We'll all get fragged at one point or another," Ultra Magnus said. "Well, here goes!"

     Powerglide watched as Ultra Magnus leapt from his back, servos spread to slacken his descent. He followed right behind in freefall. Obsidian haven't seen them yet, and turned too late when they were upon her.

     With all his might, Ultra Magnus brought down the Forge upon Obsidian's back strut. She managed to twist around, receiving only a glancing blow. But it was enough to shatter her scaly armor, sending her crashing into the side of a building.