The struggle

She struggled. She struggled every day, no escape. She wanted to do well in school, get her head down, bury herself in it. She couldn't focus, she was scared something was going to happen whilst she was there, in school. She loved her parents but did she really know, the people they had become. She was scared they would kill each other. That while she was in school, she'd get pulled out and told one of them was gone, dead. She had that dream over and over multiple times, she had no escape. Awake or asleep her mind was working against her. Her once colorful dreams turned to darkness.

She was struggling more than people knew. They didn't know why she hurt herself, or about the dreams she was having, she wanted more than anything for all of them to become a dream, like one big nightmare, but she couldn't wake up from it. She was stuck living in her own little nightmare, she used to live in her own world, bright and beautiful so why had it turned so dark? Why did she feel as though everything worked against her, even her own mind? What was she to do now?

A scared little girl, powerless, young and not having a clue. She had her issues at home, at school, and in her own head.