Chapter 2

"Give it a rest, Uraraka."

"I can't, Bakugou, Torino said he should have been home by now!"

The timid girl paced near their table, fiddling her fingers together as Katsuki Bakugou sipped at his drink, slouching slightly. She was right, the ship carrying both her lover and his close friend was supposed to arrive a few days ago. It was especially odd, with Mirai Sasaki being the Captain, who was never off with shipments, timing, or even dates. He was a precise Captain, and not being back on time worried the brunette that staggered back and forth. Eventually he stood up and grabbed her by the shoulders, moving the girl and setting her in her seat, handing her the already cooled teacup.

"Maybe their ship sunk, and no one survived."

"That isn't funny, Bakugou!"

The blonde laughed and sat back down across from her, taking in her angry expression. He smiled back playfully and leaned his arm on the table, holding his head in his hand. She glared at him, her brown eyes glistening with forming tears, and Bakugou rolled his eyes exaggeratedly.

"Oh come now, Uraraka, they are fine. Kirishima is a great sailor and wouldn't let them get lost."

She looked away for a moment, glancing back at Bakugou to refute him, but the cry from the nearby street interrupted her. A small group of children ran by, the leader of them calling to the others.

"They're back! Midoriyas ship is coming into harbor!"

The children continued to run, eventually moving out of view as Uraraka stood up, almost knocking the table over. Bakugou flinched and grabbed onto the table, keeping it stable as he watched her face light up.

"They're back. He's back!"

"Uraraka, wait!"

The brunette jumped down and ignored her blonde friend, vaulting over the fence and beginning her sprint down the street. Bakugou groaned, slamming his hand on the table before leaving it to follow the girl. He shoved his hands in his pockets and strolled down the streets of Musutafu, heading in the same direction as the shipping docks. His mind wandered, and he pouted at the idea of seeing that damned Izuku Midoriya again. Why couldn't he stay out at sea? Why did he have to return? The irritation only rose inside him as other men and women whispered about the ships arrival.

"I heard the Captain is never late, I wonder if something happened?"

"Isn't Izuku Midoriya a sailor with that company? They should be fine then!"

"Who's Izuku Midoriya?"

Bakugou rolled his eyes again, twitching each time that name was spoken in the street. That man was all he had been hearing about for the past month, mostly from Ochako Uraraka. All she talked about was him, missing him, what she would do when she saw him again, and it annoyed Bakugou to no end. He didn't care about Midoriya, if anything, he detested him, but he did love Ochako. He would do anything for her, and he has. Everything, except be the man that she wanted, which was Izuku Midoriya. Bakugou kicked at the ground as he got closer, the disgusting scent of the ocean hitting his nose.

"Damn Deku."

...

The ship rocked slowly in the waves as the sailors scrambled around the deck. Their voices harmonized in the cool air as they sang a light-hearted shanty, almost all of them excited to return to Musutafu. Midoriya called to the crew and watched as the giant sails were folded up into the masts, making their pace slow to a crawl.