16. Traing pt. 2 - Beginners

When the training for the beginners began,the ex-spies were shocked, to say the least. Their instructor for this one was none other than Laxus Dreyar, the son of the headmaster. "Laxus! What the fuck are you doing here?!" Natsu chocked o his food while screaming that.

All the attention was once again shifted to the eight, who've barley spoken two words since they arrived. Now, seeing Laxus, they became much more talkative. "Gramps told me the situation, I volunteered to help. Needed to get a bit of payback for all the times you've tried to prank me." He cracked his knuckles together.

"Yeah, sure. But if you know what the situation for us is and why we came out of our early retirement, then you know to go as hard as you can against us, right?" Erza inquired. "Yeah, yeah, bloody-hair." He gave them all nicknames and only calls them by it, no matter how much it annoys them.

"Alright, bloody-hair, tattoo-face, pervert, stalker, idiot one, idiot two, smart-ass and flasher will demonstrate the next exercise." Laxus explained. "We have names you know," gajeel snapped. "I know, I just don't want to use them." Laxus responded, without even looking at him.

"Fuck you," natsu flipped his back off while saying that under his breath. "Since idiot one here wants to go first so bad, he can do double of what everyone else has to." Laxus smirked, knowing what Natsu did. Natsu just 'hmphed' in response and turned his back on him.

"Alright, for beginners, the only thing you're going to be focusing on is hand to hand combat, okay?" He didn't wait for a response and just continued talking. "To start, you're going to be using punching bags." He pointed to the large line of punching bags in the back.

"Each one of these bags weigh five pounds. First, you are to find one of the punching bags you like and bring it back to the position you're in." After saying that, he dragged natsu, gajeel and gray to the very back of the area and put ten pound weights on their backs.

"This should be very easy compared to what my wife made you do." At that moment, Lucy, Erza, Levy and Juvia fainted. "I — It happened, it actually happened! Fuck yes!" Erza cheered and the other three pumped their fists. Among all of them, Jellal was the calmest.

Laxus then dragged the four girls to about halfway and put ten pound weights on their backs. "Alright, anyone who annoys me will get extra work, got it!?"

Right after that, they all started heading towards the punching bags. Just like Laxus said, they were easier to move after Mira's training. After about three minutes, everybody had their punching bags in front of them.

"Start with punching it, then kicking it and finally, combining it. For the next couple of weeks, your goal is to destroy the punching bags. After you destroy one, the weight of it will increase, making it harder."

When he finished, they all immediately started punching and kicking the bag. By the end of the week, a few people had already broken their bags and were moving onto ten pound bags.

-

By the end of the second week, everybody had already broken at least one bag. The majority of the people were using fifteen pound bags by now — including the ex-spies. There was, however, one person who was already at an thirty pound bag. That person was, by far, the loudest amongst them.

It was a large, buff man with spiky white hair, his name was Elfman Strauss, the younger brother of mira and older brother of Lisanna. "Theres another one?" Jellal muttered. They already hate Lisanna, are good friends with Mira, but never knew that there was a third one.

"A real man should be able to break these easily!" Elfman screamed, his shirt somehow tearing in the process.

-

During the third week, Laxus finally decided to do something different. "Alright brats, instead of using punching bags, you're gong to t be using these wooden stands. Every time you hit it, it will swing and hit you in someway, your job is to avoid it and hit it back."

The wooden stand had four large pegs and a top that can continually rotate. "This is to help you with the exam next week." All of them went to one of them and started hitting and dodging the pegs that would fight back.

"Ha! This is actually getting fun, I can't remember how long it's been since I actually fought something!" Gajeel cheered. One would think that they would fight all the time, considering their history. However, before any fights could begin, Erza would step in and glare at them, making them stop immediately.

That day for dinner, they ended up talking with elfman and ate with him. The table of eight turned into a table of ten, with the eight plus Kinana and Elfman.

-

On the day of  the exam, the three knuckle headed imbeciles (natsu, gajeel and gray) were more exited than they had been in years, for they found out that they would be fighting each other for the exam. They now had a proper excuse to fight, without Erza stopping them.

Laxus allowed them to pair up with each other, and of couse, the git paired up with each other. Not. Erza and Lucy paired up, Levy and Kinana paired up, Gajeel and Jellal paired up, Gray and Elfman paired up and Natsu and Juvia paired up. It was different than what they usually do, which made them even more excited.

The fights were hand to-hand combat only.

Laxus, who was deciding whether they were passing or not, really didn't care who won or lost,he just wanted to see how they fought.

In the end, Gajeel was just yelling at Jellal to come at him while Jellal skillfully ignored him, irritating the black haired male even more. Their match ended in a draw with Gajeel being pissed at Jellal and annoying him about having a rematch.

Erza and Lucy had a proper, serious fight that they gave their all, though, in the end, it too ended in a draw, with both of them having minor injuries; bruises and cuts only. Levy and Kinana also had a serious fight with each other, at the end, they became even better friends than before.

Gray and Elfman's match ended up with both of them being shirtless, somehow. Their match, as well as Natsu and Juvia's turned into a draw. "Damn, you guys are so boring. In the end, only one person failed."

Laxus smirked, "rest up now, intermediates."