April 6th 2020 4:45 PM

Oh boy. I know what you're thinking: How do we jump from January to April with no updates in between? Well, the short answer is that quite frankly I just suck. And the long answer--well actually I don't think there is one.

And what a cluster fuck the past couple of months have been. 

Picture it as if I had just gone on the best roller coaster in the amusement park. The beginning was full of nerves, the middle had me on top of the world. And when we returned to the start, reality set in and everything came crashing down. 

I just finished rereading all of the entries to this. Firstly, I apologize for not able to stay consistent. You now know I wasn't joking when I said my previous childhood attempts at a diary were always failures. I would try to redeem myself through this, but it isn't going well either. 

Anyway, I guess I should write about Australia now huh? I mean it was the original point of "all this."

If I were to tell you about my experience abroad in Australia, even if it was only two months long, I would describe it as amazing. 

It was:

Breathtaking. Thrilling. Once in a lifetime. Unforgettable.

I:

Laughed. Loved. Made long-lasting friendships. Experienced new things. 

Looking back on it now, I can't say more other than that it just makes me smile. I can be sitting on my bed reminiscing and every single memory I have embodies the best feeling in the world-- unadulterated happiness. Bliss. 

I don't regret it for a second, even if it got cut short by a virus that will be history, hopefully, within a couple of months. 

I am a firm believer in fate. We may be able to change it, but many times it changes us. Most often for the better. 

If I had to pick one negative out of all of this, it would be that now I am home, away from beaches, and my friends (whom I came to love dearly and miss so so so so much). On days when I am not confined to my house during social distancing, I have to go to work. 

Because yes, for some reason my shitty job is "essential" folks. And the bummer about that is people I used to work with are now leaving, and being replaced with unfamiliar faces. It sucks working somewhere for so long that eventually, everyone around you changes. Really adds a pang of loneliness to it all. In addition, my manager has begun to talk shit about every one of her employees to me, yet another one of her employees. As you can see, that doesn't make me feel very well about my own standing.

So all in all, I went from living in the moment to a place where you really don't want to live in the moment at all. At this point, I am just waiting for days to pass. Summer cannot come any faster. 

But oh wait there's more--I have to take online classes during the summer! Yeah, I'm practically rolling in my grave at the moment. Quinnipiac and UTS really screwed us over with our classes and things got really confusing when the virus messed everything up. So now I'm taking two classes through QU over the summer to complete my prereq's.

I know everything will work out, it always does. It's just interesting to look back and watch it all unfold the way it did. 

Guess that's my life in a nutshell.

-Rachel