Night time

"This is how we all begin a single sound evolves into a human being this is the creation of life vi har ei tulle med øyne blå med silkehår og med ører små og midt i fjeset en liten nese så stor som så så bløt som fløyel er hennes kinn og hun er deilig og tykk og trinn med dukkehender og to små tenner I munnen sin " 

Edd lay awake in bed, listening to tord's distorted singing. It was strangely sad, and edd could almost imagine a mother singing it to her child. Tord seemed a lot more vocal now that they had their little chat. It was a Norwegian song, a lullaby. Perhaps Tord knows of his insomnia, as after that song he felt rather sleepy.

"Night edd" tord said, voice more of a whisper. His almost translucent form was perched at the foot of the bed. He had a small smile on his face.

"Hey tord, " edd yawned, sitting up to get a proper look at the ghost. "Where did you hear that song? It's really pretty.." Edd mumbled.

"My mama used to sing it to me." Tord said, swinging his legs lightly. 

"Really? That's nice." Edd said, yawned and rubbing his eyes. Tord smiled wider floating closer to edd. Edd shivered as the air temperature dropped even further. A tiny freezing cold hand ruffled his hair.

"Night edd" tord repeated before disappearing again. Edd sat there in silence, warmth returning. He sighed and laid back down.

"Night tord."

_____

Tom sat on the floor with his back to his bed, strumming a simple tune on his bass, Susan. Nothing in particular, just whatever he felt like. It was an alternative to drinking when his head got loud at night. Music carried more emotions than words ever could. 

His tired eyes drifted to the digital clock on his night stand, noting that it was nearing 3 am. Tom nearly jumped out of his skin when there was a soft thump across the room. Looking, he was confused when he saw his Tomme bear lying on the floor. Strange, it'd been on his desk and wasn't close enough to the edge to it have fallen. Before he could question it much the bear was lifted into the air by an invisible force. Tord.

"Tord, what do you want? Why do you have tomme bear?" Tom grumbled. He wasn't exactly fond of the child or his apparent liking to his plush animal. The room was still and silent for a few moments, tom growing slightly uncomfortable. Finally, after what felt like forever, the bear slowly moving closer until it was right in front of him. 

"Tomme bear?" Came a soft voice laced with curiosity. Tom could almost imagine him tilting his head. The bear slowered slightly, hovering a few inches above the ground, tom just assumed tord was sitting. 

"Yeah, that's his name." Tom hummed, feeling better now. Tord seemed to project whatever emotions he felt onto whoever was near, and as long he wasn't upset tom was fine.

"Tomme bear.. I like it. Is he important to you?" Tord hummed, body flickering into view momentarily with a curious glance on his face  in the brief moment he was visible.

"Yes, my father gave it to be before he died." Tom said. The room suddenly became colder, making tom shiver. 

"Oh. That's nice," tord said, voice blank. Tom only then remembered how tord died. It was understandable why he would be uncomfortable at the mention of a dad, even if it wasn't his own.

"Do you like tomme bear?" Tom asked, hoping to relieve the heavy tension in the room. 

"Yeah! When my mama died papa never let me have toy's. Tomme bear is very cute and fluffy!" Tord chirped, flickering into view with a bight happy smile. With that he was gone again, happy energy radiating from the child. "Hey tom, you sound really pretty when you play, can you play me a song?"

Tord asked, moving closer to tom. Tom was a little surprised but didn't really mind since that's what he'd been doing beforehand. He thought for a moment before he began to play a simple melody. He could hear tord humming along and a cold head rested against his shoulder, and looking over, Tom saw the fluffy head of tord resting on him.

He continued to play a slight drowsiness weighing on him. Maybe it was tord, but he was a lot calmer than he had been all day. He finished with a small yawn, earning a smile and quiet clapping. Tomme bear was placed in his lap and before he doing much more a blanket was dragged over his head.

"Good night tom." Guess he was sleeping on the floor huh? A thump landed next to him and taking a peak he saw it was his pillow. Guess so. Tom got up to put Susan away before laying down on the floor.

"Night Tord" he mumbled absentmindedly,  already feeling sleep chipping away at his tired mind.