His Fault

The loud crash of a window breaking, shocked him out of his retrieve. A loud curse followed and then and even louder yell. For a moment he almost summoned bones to deal with the threat, but then he remembered that, this wasn't his world. This was the reason why he hated the house owners to be home during a job, if they broke something they could replace it before they returned. It's not like it would cost them, they would have had to do it anyway.

When the yelling reached the edge of his limit of tolerance, he took his time to get up and approach the human yelling at his cowering brother. Of course this human was small and pitiful, much shorter than either of them, not at all imitating and a beer bottle without a lid. It made him sneer at how Sans, a six foot something skeleton monster cowered at his words. He supposed that was his fault.

"Is there a problem?" The human went rigged at this cool tone, turning to face him in all his six foot and elven inch glory. It was almost pitiful how he shrunk back like goo in the sun upon facing him. Sans on the other hand looked quite relieved, but shifted on his feet with a guilty look. He looked like he was about to say something, but clamped down on it the next moment. That was his fault too. "I see you started replacing the windows Sans, punctual as usual."

That's something he never thought he would say, of course his own and the company's pride was on the line. San's pride was already out the window, in which it made it all the more importance that he helped him regain some of it.

"I... you...your." One look from him shut the human up and to scamper back into the house. In the next moment his glare was on his shifting brother.

"Finish with the windows, the fence is almost done so I'll need your help with the power source soon." His order was of course final, and got Sans to move and grab the replacement window. His own feet carried him back to his work and to the box that ran the whole system. Even if Sans wasn't done by the time he was, he would still have to come help. His magic was the only thing that could lift it high enough, well that and he really preferred it not to explode in his face. That would be quite nice.

In hindsight it would be preferable to not be doing any of this. He didn't want to work for those greasy flesh bags or be here at all. He wanted to be at home, in his own world, despite how... safe this one was, crushing skulls under his boots and getting rid of the garbage was the life. This was not the life he trained years for, even if his  brother was happier here, with all those other bone bags, he was not.

He barely flinched when Sans's phone went off with probably the cringyestt song he has ever heard. Nor did he flinch when he heard how his brother answer it, but he did stager when he hit his head on the board above him when he straightened up.

"Yo, this is Caged Out Security, how can I help ya?" Papyrus quickly approached his brother just in case it was a job or it was a call for him, his own phone having been smashed when he 'accidentally' tossed it across the room the other day. Sans still hasn't let him live it down.

"Is it a job?" Sans waved him off as he hummed as a reply to who ever called, a sharp smile growing on his lips.

"Yeah we could be up that way tomorrow to cheek 'em out." He smiled wider a moment later sending a look toward Papyrus that told him he was not going to like what ever this was. Why Sans always had to do that was a mystery to him, but it was another thing on the long list of his fault. "'k see ya tomorrow then." He slipped his phone into his pocket and gave his brother a wide smile.

"What? What could it possibly be this time?" Sans took a moment to incase his magic around the device, and glance at his brother once again.

"Not only is't a two story house, but it's wheelchair accessible, and..." Sans took a moment to draw out the word, as he pulled the box into his hands as a means of a shield. Magic and electricity humming off it in a dangerous mix. "it's on Gerram Street."