Sunset part 2

I am going to put a trigger warning on this chapter, I didn't write in much detail but I see why it would upset people 💞

Aidy's POV:

I couldn't sleep so I decided that I was going to sit away from everybody else to think. Even though it had happened 2 years ago I couldn't get Katie's death out of my head. It always stopped me from sleeping and I hated it, I missed her so much and I knew Chloe did to. I didn't realise anybody else was awake until Jack came and sat beside me, both our legs dangling off the roof.

(Almost inaudible whispers.)

Aidy: You okay? Why are you awake? It's almost 3am.

Jack: I couldn't sleep and when I saw that you were awake I decided to come and sit with you.

Aidy: Sorry if I woke you up, I didn't mean it.

Jack: No you didn't, why are you awake anyway?

Aidy: I couldn't sleep, same as you.

Jack: Okay but tell me the real reason, like why cant you sleep.

Aidy: Okay I will tell you but it's long winded and it is going to sound horrible.

Jack: I'm listening, don't worry.

(Jack holds Aidy's hand in his.)

Aidy: So you know how me and Chloe are best friends and we have been forever, right?

Jack: Yeah.

Aidy: Well it never used to be just us. Me and Chloe were in a friendship group with two other girls. They were called Katie and Hope. We were all really close, we had met in primary school. Ever since then one of our favourite things to do was to have sleepovers and then have photoshoots. We would drag our parents to the beach or out into the woods and we would take pictures for ages. Our phone storage was always full because we took so many pictures. One day we went out into the woods to take photos, it was just us 4, no adults or anybody, just us. We went really deep into the woods and hit a train track, we thought it was the best idea to take photos there because the background was so beautiful.

*Aidy Starts to sob quietly, Jack pulls her into him and nods as if to tell her to carry on.*

Aidy: We were all having such a good time running along the tracks and taking silly pictures. All 4 of us assumed that the tracks weren't used anymore, we were wrong. As we were all taking a picture together we heard a train whistle. We knew we had to get off the tracks fast, me and Chloe ran to the right, Hope ran to the left but Katie kept running forwards along the track, we were screaming at her to get off, she wasn't listening. I ran towards the train track to try and grab her hand to pull her towards us but I was too late, the train hit her and didn't stop. It kept going. Chloe called the police as we all fell onto the floor crying really hard. The police got there and saw what had happened, they said it wasn't our fault but I have felt guilty ever since.

(Long Silent Pause.)

Aidy: I'm sorry, that was a long story.

Jack: Don't say sorry, you needed to get that out of your system. It's not your fault, it's not Chloe's fault either.

(Chloe appears behind them with tears in her eyes. She sits down beside Aidy and puts her head on her shoulder, Aidy hugs her.)

Chloe: That's not what Hope thinks.

Jack: What do you mean?

Aidy: After the.. incident Hope stopped talking to us, She became popular and told the whole school that we didn't try to help Katie.

Chloe: She blames us for the whole thing.

Jack: It's not either of your faults. Where are these woods anyway?

Aidy: They are just the other side of that wood over there.

Jack: Oh, they aren't far then.

Chloe: Nope, that's why it's even harder to forget about it.

Jack: Well I think we should all get to sleep, so lets go back over there, we still have a few hours till sunrise.

(They go back over to where they were before, Chloe cuddles back into Wyatt, he smiles in his sleep as he puts an arm round her. Aidy and Jack get under the same blanket still holding hands and drift off to sleep.)