New Potential

Summary: What if in S6, Cordelia had become a potential instead of them thinking Dawn would be a Slayer, when it was going to be, I think Amanda? What if Cordelia came back to Sunnydale? What will happen? Read to find out.

It was a dark night, as Cordelia Chase drove Angel's convertible into Sunnydale and parked in front of the Summer's residence.

She got out after taking the keys out of the ignition, and walked the short distance to stand on Buffy's doorstep and knock on the door.

Buffy opened it to reveal a brunette she hadn't seen in three years.

"What brings you here?" she asked.

"Potential. Not that I really wanted this or anything," Cordelia Chase replied. "May I come in?"

"Sure. They're all in the living room," the Slayer replied.

Buffy closed the door behind her and both of them walked into the living room.

"Who's that?" Dawn asked.

"Cordelia," the former Queen of Sunnydale High answered.

"And you are?"

"Dawn. Buffy's sister," Dawn answered back.

"Good to know. I guess I'm a potential. So, what do we do? Because I don't think I need training. Been there. Done that. Angel likes to make sure I don't get myself hurt or killed, so he trains me in battle," she explained to them.

Xander gave her his cocky grin she always loved.

"Glad to have you back," he said.

"Me too, Xan. Same here."

She looked around at the room of people.

"So what's the plan? I'm ready for some action and fighting. Let's kick some ass," she said, pulling out her sword she always used.

(The rest is history as we know it. Lol.)