Chapter 1

“The world is rotten.”

“I look around me and all those I see are criminals and those who threaten all our peaceful existence with pain, destruction, drug abuse, sexual abuse. The world could be rid of all these things and there would be a utopia.

“Wait, what was that I just saw? Staring out my classroom window? A note book?”

*     *     *

“Allow me to introduce myself properly. My name is Light Yagami. A week ago I came across a note book saying that if you write a name in then that person will die. You have to picture them in your mind as you do it so it kills the correct person. I have been using it to rid the world of the worst criminals ever seen. I will create a utopian world where I am a god! Kira shall be known for justice around the world!”

“My, my. Aren’t you a handsome one? William did well assigning me this job!”

“Argh! W-who are you? What are you?”

“The name is Grell, Grell Sutcliff. I am the one standing before God. I collect and pass judgement on souls. I am a grim reaper, though; in Japanese you’d probably call me a shinigami!”

“Shinigami? Then this belongs to you!”

“Well, technically no. You have a blank cinematic record and you’re using it all wrong! You are re-writing people’s records and killing them at a phenomenal rate!  We’re understaffed as William keeps telling me.”

“William? Never mind. Grell, you’re a shinigami, I am making the world a better place!”

“Um…ok. I have been watching and I do sort of agree with what you are doing. However, you have missed out the biggest crime Light!”

“I have?”

“Yes! Crime against fashion!”