Chapter 4

"Wake up Light!"

"Argh!"

"What is it? Not expecting me to join you in the bedroom at this hour?"

"No, I just wasn't expecting to see you at all!"

"Really? How come? I'm your shinigami and I have to follow whoever has my Death Note. When I'm done in your world I'll write your name in and return to the shinigami realm."

"Oh Ryuk. I am sorry. I just had the strangest dream. There was a different shinigami called Grell and they kept on making inappropriate sexual comments and wanting me to kill people for crimes against fashion...oh it was weird."

"Humans are so interesting. Your dreams are so strange. Now, give me an apple and go back to sleep. There is no 'Grell'."

*        *        *

"Grell. Wake up dear. You're having a bad dream."

"Oh Bassy darling! I am still with you! It was all a dream!"

"What happened my dear?"

"There was this handsome, yet rude boy, Light, and his slutty girlfriend. They had this thing called a a Death Notw which they wrote names in to kill people, criminals mostly. Only, it was more like a cinematic record. Oh, and there was a strange man, a detective, who's name was L. Oh it was odd. I think it was in the future and in Japan too."

"You've beentalking to Tanaka too much."

"All he says is "ho, ho, ho" though Bassy."

"I know, he conveys so much through so little. Listen, you are safe back in Victorian Britain and my arms."

"Phew Bassy. Can I...can I kiss you?"

"Of course my sweet Grell. I'll even let you use tongues."

"OH BASSY! COME HERE!"

*        *        *

So concludes our tale. Who was dreaming and who was not? Perhaps we shall never know...