1

If you're here, that probably means you've already read my first book, Keeper and Protector. Welcome back and enjoy!

EDIT (06/24/23): Constantly under edit since the very start back in Jan 2020 for spelling, punctuation or grammar errors, plot inconsistencies, redundant words and paragraphs or dialogue that could be more concise or re-worded for clarity.

● ● ● ● ● ●

"If brokenness is a form of art, I must be a poster child prodigy."

● ● ● ● ● ●

Lately, it seemed that the 86,400 seconds in a day passed by quickly, perfectly mirrored by the ticks underneath a Time Keeper symbol.

But today, as the sunlight streamed through the windows, Josh had the feeling that today was going to be a good day. Though, as he gazed across the bed to a sleeping Tyler, he knew that another day spent with his Keeper was always a good day in itself.

"Good morning, angel." Josh smiled when Tyler opened his eyes and curled his body up against him. "Happy Tyler Day."

Tyler had a delirious smile on his face. "Mm, I think it should be Happy Josh Day."

"How about we combine our names and call it... Happy Tysh Day?"

"Tysh is cute." Tyler leaned up so he could kiss Josh on the cheek. "Just like you."

"No, I think that's you. Waking up next to you is always a wonderful start to a Monday morning."

Blushing at the compliment, Tyler wrapped his arms around Josh. "Mm, I wish you didn't have to go into the office. I want to cuddle with you all day."

"Me too. But my supervisor's been laying it on really thick lately. I think it's because the CEO is going to announce his replacement soon." Josh sighed a little as he thought about the potential consequences from that decision. "The word on the street is that he's planning this huge company gala to make the announcement there. I'm sure it'll be a hot mess."

"I guess we'll find out if Gabriel's plan worked or not," Tyler said quietly.

Josh tensed up a little as he thought about Tyler's ex-Protector. "God, if my dad is picked... I don't know what I'll do."

Tyler nodded. He knew Josh still had a lot of resentment towards his father for what had happened almost two months ago. "Do you think you'll ever talk to him again?"

"I hope not. I can't forgive him for what he and Gabriel did to you." Josh sighed. "But at the same time, I think a lot about what's gonna happen with my job in the future."

"I understand, J." Tyler threaded his fingers through Josh's soft curls. "Don't forget what I told said: I'll always have a listening ear and a big hug waiting for you... no matter what."

Josh turned so he could bury his nose into the mess of brown hair on Tyler's head. "I know. You make me feel so safe, Ty."

"You make me feel safe too, Josh," Tyler murmured, a soft smile on his face as he hugged Josh close to him.

"Sweet boy. Oh, don't forget about Oli's appointment this afternoon."

Tyler remembered that he was supposed to tag along with Fynnley and Oliver to his doctor's appointment today. Driving to another city wasn't exactly the most convenient, but this specialist was one of the best when it came to monitoring and treating the condition that Oliver had, so the drive was well worth it.

"I won't."

Josh kissed Tyler's forehead before his eyes wandered over to the clock. He sighed a little at what he saw. "I should probably get up. I have a meeting at 11:30, so I need to drag my sleepy butt out of bed."