3

● ● ● ● ● ●

"I've got thick skin and an elastic heart."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"I see Fynnley bought the whole candy aisle." Josh couldn't help but laugh as he looked at the shopping bag full of candy in Fynnley's hand.

Oliver, on the other hand, was less than amused, shaking his head a little at his Protector's antics. "You know, you really shouldn't be surprised at this point. Fynn can't decide on just one type of candy and neither can I, so here we are."

Josh smiled. "Fair enough. All the other snacks are on the table already." He looked at Fynn. "If you want to make a drink, there's stuff in the cabinet, but please don't use up all my good liquor."

Fynn tossed the bag of candy to Josh. "No promises, dude. Oh, by the way, where's Ty-Guy?"

"Laying on the couch with Cheetah. He hasn't been feeling well."

Fynn thought about saying something smart about Cheetah but decided against it. "Aw, is he sad about something?"

"No, he's had a headache all day." Josh sighed. "He's been either laying down or napping. I asked him if he wanted to reschedule our movie night but he said no. Maybe being around you guys will make him feel a little better."

"Let me go see him," Oliver said, concerned about his sweet friend. His eyes flicked over to Fynnley. "Can you fix me a drink too, babe? None of your 'death concoctions,' though. I'd like to keep my wits about me."

Fynn chuckled. "Of course, love."

And with that, Oliver left the foyer for the living room while Fynn trailed behind Josh into the kitchen.

He found Tyler curled up on the couch with Cheetah perched on his hip. He didn't have his pacifier in, which was surprising, because he almost always had his pacifier in whenever he was feeling soft, sad or sick.

Ty must really not feel good...

"Hey, Ty-Ty, it's Oli." Oliver came around the couch and kissed Tyler on the forehead. "Josh said you haven't been feeling good."

Tyler shook his head, humming out a small 'mm-mm.' He held his arms out, silently requesting for Oliver to hug him.

Oliver smiled before crouching down and taking Tyler into his arms. "You're so warm. Have you been running a fever?"

"I'm not sure," Tyler replied. "M'just tired and hurting."

Oliver hugged him a little tighter. "I'm sorry, Ty. What can I do for you?"

"Hold me? Josh has been holding me when he can, but I know he's probably sick of me by now."

"I'm sure he's not, Tyler." Oliver kissed him on the cheek. "But I'd be more than happy to hold you for as long as you'd like."

Tyler gave him a tiny smile. "Love you, Oli."

"And I love you, Tyler."

● ● ● ● ● ●

Two movies in and all was quiet in the living room except for the occasional quip from Fynnley as Cheetah stared him down from his perch on the couch.

Everything felt... different from the foursome's usual movie nights; there weren't as many laughs, bad jokes and overall chatter. No one would say it out loud, but it was no secret that everyone was a little worried about Tyler being ill.

"Joshua?" Tyler struggled to hold his head up from its place in Oliver's lap as he reached out for Josh, who was sitting on the floor. "My headache's getting really bad."