10

● ● ● ● ● ●

"And if you're still bleeding, you're the lucky ones. 'Cause most of our feelings, they are dead and they are gone."

● ● ● ● ● ●

Oliver: hey Ty-Ty, are you busy right now?

Another Wednesday afternoon and Tyler was spending it under the covers, trying his best to stay warm as he wrote away in his notebook. It wasn't particularly cold out, but his Time Keeper was having one of its 'needy hoe days,' so his body had decided to rebel against him.

Getting a text message from Oliver certainly put a smile on his face, though.

Tyler: m'just writing. what's up?

Oliver: I think I wanna get out of the apartment...

Tyler: you should have came over with fynn. last time I looked, he was cleaning out a closet downstairs lol. if you were here we could've watched movies together or something.

Oliver: I know, I just...

it's hard for me to explain right now

Tyler: is there anything I can do to help?

Oliver: go for a walk with me?

Tyler: eww walking.

Oliver: :(

Tyler: i'm just kidding oli!

Oliver: i'll come pick you up?

Tyler: alright deal. (:

Oliver: can you be ready in 20 min?

Tyler: mhm I'll text josh and then tell fynn you're coming to get me

Oliver: thank you for this Tyler, love you

Tyler: of course oliver, love you too

* * * * * *     * * * * * *     * * * * * *     * * * * * *

In less than an hour, Oliver had picked up Tyler, drove to the park and led him to the less crowded path so they could have some privacy while they walked.

For now, though, there was only the sound of their footsteps as they walked down the path. Not many words had been exchanged between the two since Oliver had picked him up. Tyler had tried to start a few conversations along the way, but all of them fizzled out with Oliver's short responses.

He seemed... sadder than usual. And as much as Tyler wanted to just ask what was going on, he knew that Oliver would open up whenever he was ready.

It would just take time.

"It's warm out here," Tyler stated, trying again to start a conversation. He was still a little cold, but definitely not as much as he had been at home. "It feels nice."

Oliver touched Tyler's arm, eyebrows raising a little when he felt how cool his skin was. "You're not getting sick, are you?"

"No, my Time Keeper just... has a mind of its own." Tyler laughed a little. "I've been missing Josh. He's been working a lot at the office and it's hard being away from him all day. I try not to complain, though, because I know his job is running him ragged."

"I'm sorry, Ty. That must be really hard for you to deal with."

"It can be. Do you ever feel like that with Fynn? You've been staying home more lately. Or are you just glad to have some peace and quiet?" Tyler smiled playfully.