1. The Announcement

There was an intense excitement circulating. After all, a vast crowd had formed in the courtyard of Skylanders Academy; a bundle full of a variety of people from all across Skylands. For the most part, mabu made up the crowds, cheering on the Skylanders as they always did. However, this was not all. Gillmen, too, were attending his event, most of whom were visiting because the Skylanders saved their home many years ago. The elves and mages were also running about the crowd, genuinely having a good time. This was, however, not all. Crabs, willikin, sharks, foxes, dragons, molekin and even some Cyclopes and trolls were present as well. One may wonder why such a crowd had come together, especially considering the intense rivalries that some of these races had with each other. Whilst most of the action was in the courtyard, balloons also flooded the skies, some using cameras to project this momentous occasion out to the rest of Skylands.

All stared forward to the figures who stood by the Academy facing towards the crowd. Front and centre was Buzz, professor of secret ninja commando training at the academy and a very close ally to the Skylanders in the past, who looked carefully across the crowd. Whilst he says that he's not one to brag, everybody knew of his experiences in the past and training with the Skylanders. Having trained a fair portion of the Trap Team, he was an elite mabu and - whilst not everyone was fond of him - he was clearly not someone to be reckoned with.

Closely behind the old mabu were Flynn and Cali. Flynn, who was munching on an enchilada, turned to Cali. "You know, Cali, I am so glad that everyone is finally here to see the greatest pilot in all of Skylands!" He grinned, looking out on the wall of gazes which blocked his view of the sky. Waving out to the audience that he had only previously dreamed of, he had never been happier. In recent years, Flynn had consistently assisted the Skylanders with their fights against the dark forces of Skylands. Whilst his ego was almost bigger than his ideal portion of enchiladas, he was an asset to the Skylanders and, at this point, they would not quite know what to do without him. Although, they would probably manage...

Cali, sighing at Flynn's remark, watched eagerly into the crowds. "As much as I'd love for that to be true, I don't think that there's enough gold in Skylands to pay this crowd to come and see you." She replied sarcastically. Flynn, who had not quite grasped the sarcasm, just chuckled and continued to wave. Cali sighed once more and did the same. One particular audience member caught her attention: a lone, blue dragon. This figure took her back years into her mind to her early days as an explorer. She thought back to the interesting conversations she had with the local elves who had begun to delve deep into the arts of magic. She remembered a blue dragon who also lived there called Mike who was very curious about Cali's line of work. She shook her head, taking her mind back to the event at hand, glancing up to a familiar sight in the sky.

"Wooohoooooooo!" Screamed Tessa, the chieftess of Woodborrow, in delight as she flew on her bird Whiskers. "Come on, Whiskers, we have a job to do!" She smiled heartily as the two dived down, landing beside Cali and Flynn. The ginger-haired fox jumped off of Whiskers in a flash, pulling Flynn into a hug. "All balloons are in position, sir!" She giggled, before pulling away from the hug.

"Ey! It's great to see you, Tessa!" Flynn replied, biting into another enchilada. "How's Woodburrow?"

"Spectacular!" She cried, jumping into the air. "Everyone's preparing for the Elemental Festival; it's gonna be the best one yet without a doubt." She enthused, excitement flooding from her. "How's it been around here?" She replied.

"Ah, y'know, the usual." Flynn replied, "School's just finished up, thanks to yours truly." Flynn boasted, before posing as he repeated his signature catchphrase: "Boom!" Tessa giggled before she began waving to the audience as well, spotting out a few others from Woodburrow. With Tessa's arrival, Buzz knew that it was time to start.