In The Past... (part 10) An Amazing Engineer

The lights lit up the area around her as Nikiole looked up at the soldier.

"P-please don't hurt us! Please! We're sorry!" She cried, squeezing Kaile in her arms.

"Shh! It's okay!" The soldier said in a whisper. "Here let me help you!" She helped up Nikiole who had Kaile in her arms.

Nikiole wiped her tears from her face, "W-Why are you helping me? Why are you here?"

"I..." She hesitantly looked around. "I'm running away... Please don't report me! I just can't handle it anymore! And when I heard their music, I just knew I hand to run!"

"Music? What type? Like the stuff that Mrs. Hopeful makes us play? Classical?"

"Nothing like that, it's hard to explain. I've never heard it before."

"I wanna hear it!" Nikiole smiled.

"Maybe, but we have to get to the surface. It's-"

"We're running away too! They were going to do this thing to Kaile! And Mrs. Hopeful gave Kaile a shot with a b-big needle and injected him with a medicine that made him sleep and his muscles relax! She was only supposed to give him a little but she gave him a-"

"Shhhhhh, I understand, but we have to get out of here. I know a place where we can go."

"Where?" Nikiole asked tilting her head.

"Mount Nantai."

"Oh, okay, can you take us there?"

"Yes, but we have to go now! We need to move quickly!"

"Wait! What's your name?"

"Oh, my name is Marina. Now let's go!" She grabbed Nikiole's hand and pulled her along the path.

Marina led them to a subway and pulled them in. "We made it! We actually made it!" Marina gasped, happiness engulfing her voice. "To Mount Nantai we go!"

"Yay! I can't wait to see!" Nikiole said jumping from side to side.

"Here, why don't we take a seat. Let's get to know each other a bit more," Marina said as she sat down.

"Okay!" Nikiole ran over and sat in front of Marina. She gently placed Kaile down next to her covered him in his blanket.

"Alright, let me start. My name is Marina, and I was one of the best engineers for the Octarian army... f I don't say so myself."

"Oh, wow!"

She snickered, "Well, now you go!"

"Well, as I said earlier, my name is Nikiole and this is my brother Kaile! We had to run away! I am 6 almost 7! I'll be 7 in a few days and my brother just turned 6 a month ago!"

"Wow!"

"Yeah, but we had to go because they were going to do something to Kaile."

"Huh? What?"

"They were going to put this greenish-blue stuff."

"What?!"

"Yeah... but we escaped!"

Marina froze, "I'm glad you got out of there..."

"Me too...I wonder what they were trying to do? The room looked really scary."

Marina turned away.

"Do you know what it is, Marina?"

"He..."

"Huh?"

"He was almost a product of sanitization."