Harry x *Valerie Riddle Part 2

Will Harry still like me if he found out I was a Riddle?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a week since I became Harry's girlfriend. Ron was happy for the two of us while Hermione acted as if Harry told her that she was wrong about something.

"Harry! Why would you do that! She's trying to get close to you, she doesn't really like you Harry!"

"'Mione, how could you say that!"

"You know i'm right Harry! It'll take another week until sh-"

"HERMIONE! STOP IT!" Harry voice boomed, silencing the other conversations in the Great Hall between both students and teachers.

"I don't know why you're even defending her!" Hermione huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring daggers straight into my eyes which I returned.

"I really do like Harry!" I hissed, putting an arm over his shoulder.

"And I like Valerie!" Harry finished, snaking an arm around my waist, pulling me closer toward him.

Ron continued to eat his chicken, oblivious to the heated fight in front of him.

"When she breaks your heart," Hermione started, getting up from her chair, ignoring the glares and whispers around her, "you better not look for me, because I won't be there to help!". And with that, she left the Hall.

"Don't listen to her Valerie," Harry reassured me, "she's just... needs to warm up to you more!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*IN THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM*

"Harry!" I giggled as Harry came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and lay his head in the crook of my shoulder.

"Harry, I have to finish this Potions essay! If I don't Snape will DEFINITELY give me detention!" I whined.

"But I want your attention Valerie!" Harry whined into my shoulder, sending shivers down my back.

"You're so childish!" I giggled as I pushed Harry off me and stood up from my seat from the desk in the corner of the common room, and let Harry lead me to the couch. I laid my head in Harry's lap while he sat up on the couch.

"But's that's why you love me right?" Harry asked. I chuckled at him.

"Yes Harry, that's why I love you!" Harry leaned down for a kiss when we were interrupted by the sound of tapping at the window. I slid off Harry's lap ,ignoring his groaning, and scurried over to the window to see my owl, Bruno, tapping his beak impatiently with a letter tied to his foot. I quickly opened the window and grabbed Bruno.

"I'll be right back Harry!" I assure him and ran up towards my dorm room. I carefully took the letter from Bruno's leg and opened it.

Dear Valerie,

Please meet me at 10 at the Black Lake.

I have some news to discuss with you. It's VERY Important and CONFIDENTIAL.

Come alone.

D.M

I carefully folded the letter and walked towards my bed. I leaned down and pulled out a basket filled with other letters from Father, Mother and Draco. I added this letter to my collection and kicked the basket back into place. I checked the clock that hanged over the door.

6:12, I have time

I left the dorm and walked back down to join Harry.

~

I quietly slipped out of bed while all the other girls were asleep and checked the clock once again.

9:45, I should get going

I grabbed my wand and my robe and slipped them over my pyjamas before walking into the common room and out the door.

As I walked through the halls, I heard footsteps from behind me.

They were too light to be any teachers, too heavy for first and second years and too light for the Weasley Twins. I quickly turned toward the sound to be met with nothing.

Strange

After a few seconds of scanning the area, I shrugged and continued on my path.

~

I carefully walked towards the Black Lake to see the silhouette of a boy sitting on a boulder facing the Lake.

I cleared my throat and watched as Draco's concerned face watched me.

"Valerie!" he smiled patting the space next to him. I walked over to him and sat beside him.

"So...what is it?" I asked. Draco turned towards me sadness and pain swimming in his eyes.

"The Dark Lord has given you an assignment."

"Assignment?"

"...You see....he found a prophecy, you that can change the fate of this 'war'"

I listened curiously to Draco.

"So what do I need to do?" I whispered. I turned my body to full face Draco. His face flushed suddenly as if he was debating on what to say.

"...He found a way to enter Harry's mind....but he's fighting back..."

"So?"

"Harry is too strong for the Lord to mess with his mind....no-one else can do it either..."

"What are you implying?" I interrupted sharply. Draco took a deep breath giving me a sad look.

"He wants me to do it.. doesn't he?" Draco nodded sincerely and looked down at his feet.

"Are you serious! No, I won't do that! I-I can't hurt him like that! I-I-I love him" Draco looked at me quizzically.

"It isn't for show?" I shook my head furiously, letting a tear slide down my cheek.

"I can't do it Draco!" I whimpered, unable to contain the other tears flowing down my cheeks.

"You have to" Draco retorted in no more than a whisper. "I you don't, you know what he will do!"

"I'd rather DIE than hurt Harry... I'm sorry-"

"And what if he turns to hurt me!"

I stared at him blankly, trying my best to stop myself from breaking down.

I stormed off, ignoring the figure hiding behind the tree, eavesdropping on our conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stormed into the common room, wiping away stay tears, to see Harry sitting with his arms crossed in his chest imploding with anger, tear stain glasses and cheeks and each and every letter sent to me. At. His. Feet.