[06] milkshakes bring dom to the yard

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
chapter six!
MILKSHAKES BRING
DOM TO THE YARD
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

( pre-unleashed, pt

( pre-unleashed, pt. i )

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

VERA STIRS HER milkshake with her straw, blending the soft, foamy whipped cream with the light brown color of the chocolate delicacy and subsequently making Cora frown from across the table at the local diner. The werewolf's wide, brown eyes narrow in irritation as they watch the circular motions of Vera's wrist going mindlessly around and around the tall glass.

Eventually, Cora can't take it anymore. She reaches out with supernatural speed until her hand is firmly enclosed around Vera's forearm and holding it in place. The other girl looks up in slight surprise.

"You still do that to your milkshakes?" her sister questions, releasing her arm. "And quit moving— you're making me anxious."

Vera rolls her eyes. "Yes, I still mix my whipped cream into my milkshake." She eyes Cora's drink, which is nearly identical to hers except for the fact that Cora had chosen to scoop all of the whipped cream off and eat it first. "And it's not my fault— it's the ADHD. I can't help when I need to move."

Cora huffs a sigh out of the corner of her mouth, gaze flickering around the diner restlessly. This is the place that Vera and Dominic have been going to for meals since they were in middle school. The food is terrible for their bodies but so good to their taste buds, and so they've been indulging in the safety of Dawson's Diner for years, finding comfort in the salty fries and heavenly burgers. Not to mention they have amazing milkshakes. It's a place not very well-known in Beacon Hills, the staff so small that they know Vera and Dominic by name and have their regular orders memorized by now.

There are rings under Cora's eyes from a lack of sleep. She and Vera have had to share a room since the rescue last night, and since Derek is supposedly "too busy to buy actual furniture," he'd merely gone to the store and purchased another sleeping bag. Vera is sure it's not the worst place Cora has slept during her six years on the run in South America, but the cold, hard floor covered by a thin piece of fabric still doesn't match the comfort of a bed.

All three of them — along with Miss Blake, who had been the one trapped in the boiler room — had survived the night of the full moon. Vera had nearly cried in relief when she, Scott, and Isaac had burst into the basement at the first light of the sun and seen Derek on his knees, covered in blood and deep gashes that had yet to heal. Cora and Boyd had been lying unconscious on either side of him. It had been clear that he'd surrendered himself to them, allowing them to tear him to shreds if they so wished. And they'd almost succeeded.