The Tourist: Namjoon💋(3.8k)

You loved traveling, but you absolutely hated airports. You were reminded why the moment you landed at Incheon Airport in South Korea. The hustle and bustle of the travelers made your anxiety peak and the fact that you were in a foreign country made it no better.

But thankfully you weren't alone.
Your best friend and travel companion Mya was there with you to experience it all by your side.
"Hurry and get your bag Y/N! The group chat said our group is meeting us downstairs near the entrance of the airport. They're probably already waiting on us." She says, dragging her rolling suitcase behind her. You nod and struggle to lift your suitcase from the moving belt and stumble after her.

You sometimes envied Mya for her confidence and bravery in new places. Even here, thousands of miles away from your home in the U.S., she moved through the crowd of locals like she was home. While you on the other hand clumsily make your way through the people. A few times you bumped against a person here and there. You'd mumble your apologies but quickly remembered that none of the people you were talking to understood a word.

Near the front of the airport, a group of very non korean young men and women congregatated. One of them holding a sign that read "Seoul Searchers Travel Club" in red letters.
"There they are!" Mya exclaims, beginning to increase her speed towards the group. You huff as you struggle to keep up, ultimately resulting in you tripping over your feet. Luckily you dont fall, only dropping a few of your belongings in front of you.
"Dammit" you mumble.
Your passport and sketchbook skids out across the white tile at your feet.

You snatch your sketchbook quickly and reach to pick up your passport and brush hands with a stranger. You look up to see a man kneeling in front of you, shaggy brown hair pulled back underneath a baseball cap with a white mask over half of his face. His eyes were small and serious, hooded under his eyelids and the brim of his hat. For a brief moment the two of you stare at eachother. Awkwardly you stand, pulling at the straps of your backpack and the stranger hold your passport out towards you.
He begins speaking to you in korean and you smile apologetically.
"Im sorry. I don't speak korean. Im..." you begin gesturing towards your group.
He pulls down his mask just enough to reveal his mouth, full pink lips pout out around a dimpled smile that spread his small face.
"Oh!No Im sorry. I dont know why I thought...well anyway. Here you go." The stranger says in perfect english. You take your passport and he smiles shyly and walks away swiftly before you could thank him.
"Y/N! Lets go..." Mya yells to you from where she stood with the rest of the travel group near the exit.

Your group catches a bus that takes you to an accommodation in Seoul.
You get settled into your room with Mya as your bunkmate.

The next day, you and Mya decided to hit the streets. From museums to malls to cafes, you were experiencing a cultural overload at the side of your overly enthusiastic travel companion. Mya was the kind of traveler that wanted to see everything she could in a short amount of time. Where as you just liked to enjoy the new surroundings as organically as possible. The day drug on and you eventually convinced Mya to slow down, faking a headache and suggesting the two of you check out the main place you wanted to visit since doing research on Seoul;Han River.

You sat by the waters edge and sketched the scenery in your book. For the first time that day you finally felt calm.
"Excuse me?" A voice says from beside you, making you jump in surprise. You look up and hood your eyes from the beaming sun. A tall figure steps closer to you, now blocking the sun and making it easier for you to see.
"Oh no! Im sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. You were at the airport yesterday right? " he says. Your eyes widen in realization and you nod slowly.
"Ah yes, I knew I recognized you. And the cover of your book. The butterfly on it. I saw it when I was walking by.." he continues. You don't respond, your anxiety beginning to peak again. The stranger frowns at your expression.
"Well I didn't mean to disturb you...I usually dont just approach people like this...Well,enjoy your day!" He waves awkwardly at you as he turns to leave.
"Wait!" You yelp without realizing. He halts.
"Sorry. I uhm...I was drawing and sometimes I get lost in it and forget how to be a human " you chuckle shyly, brushing your hair from your face. The stranger smiles and turns back to face you.
"Youre an artist?" He asks, stepping closer then squatting to sit on the ground a few feet away from you.
"No. Not really..I just do this for fun. It helps me relax." You respond.
"May I?" He tilts his head and points to your book. You hesitate for a moment before thinking "what the hell" and pushing your sketchbook  towards him. His smirks and grabs it, his eyes lingering on you before glancing down at the page you were working on.
"Wow....this is.." he exhales. Your ears begin to heat up and you fiddle with your pencil between your fingers.
"You're definitely an artist" he says seriously, eyeing your work. You blush at his compliment and reach to take your book back.
"Youre just saying that because Im sitting here" you fuss.
"No, seriously. That's impressive." He says genuinely.
"Thanks" you blush again. You look over and notice the stranger staring at you. In any other instance, you would have been slightly freaked out and uncomfortable. But this guy's energy was different. You didnt feel the urge to look away or scoot further from him in response to his gaze. There was something about his eyes that took you in. You merely returned it for a moment before blushing too hard to continue.
"Y/N! There you are!"
You snap out of it just as Mya strolls up from the other side of you, holding a bag.
"I thought I lost you!" Mya exclaims playfully as she sits next to you. She leans up and notices the young man on your left side watching you.
"Who's that?" She whispers to you.
"Airport " you whisper back out of the side of your mouth. Mya lifts her brow then nudges you with her elbow in approval.
"Hello!" Mya drawls out in korean, making you cringe.
The stranger nods politely and waves.
"Hey" he responds in English.
"Oh shit..." Mya slips.
"He speaks English" you explain.
"I see! Well Hey! Im Mya. Nice to meet you!" She says brightly.
"Whats your name?" She continues.
"Namjoon.." he says to her, but he looks to you expectantly.
"And I didnt catch yours.." he says smoothly. You gulp at the drop in his voice.