8². My Only One (Beomgyu)

y/n pov

chestnut gyu 🌰
well, in my opinion, a good guy
would never end his friendship
with you if he rejects you.
so why not try first?

chesnut gyu 🌰
better safe than sorry 🤷‍♂️

i kept on rereading the advice he had given me. he had his point. but, now i know.

now i know we'll never be the same.

i furiously cried to my damp pillow as the darkness of the night came. i was laying on my bed, unable to even put my foot onto the floor. as if i was lifeless.

it hurts so bad. it was like a knife had been pushed through my heart with all its might. as the night came, the moon shone brightly, giving me a little light in the middle of the sickening darkness.

we'll never be the same again.

beomgyu pov

did i do something wrong?

the thought continued to circulate in my head the entire time.

it's been a week since she confessed, and i haven't seen her anywhere. not even in school. and she never skips school.

i walked slowly through the hallway, looking at every faces, in hopes that one of them would be her.

"yo beomgyu!" a hand slammed onto my shoulders, stopping me from doing what i was doing.

"hi, ...?" i joked, leaving him behind.

"yeonjun, your fave boy~" he catched up, singing.

"ew stop that." we both laughed.

"what's wrong, gyu?" he asked as soon as he noticed the look of concern on my face. was it that obvious?

i sighed, my cheerful facade wearing off, "i haven't seen her in a week." i looked to the floor, holding back my tears.

"come here." yeonjun took my hand and dragged me.

"where are we going?" i resisted, but he was stronger. i was wiping the tears in my eyes as he was in front of me, pulling me to god knows where.

"now you can talk." he suddenly stopped walking, and i stopped rubbing my eyes to see that we're on the rooftop.

the sun was shining on us, merciless and savage. sweats were starting to drop, our eyes almost closed from the striking sun rays.

"y/n, right?" he turned towards me, insisting for an answer.

"yeah... ever since she confessed, i haven't seen her in school." i sighed, the thought of it drowning me in sorrow.

"SHE CONFESSED?!" yeonjun suddenly screamed in shock, mouth open and eyes wide.

"wait, i thought i told you." i retorted, giving him a confused glare.

"no, you didn't! i knew she was gonna confess to you at some point, but i never thought she'd do it so soon..." his voice trailed off as soon as he realized what he said.

"ehem, what did you say in response?" he sternly asked, switching the topic.

"uhm, well... i only said that i need time to figure out how i feel right now." i explained.

"i'm lost, yeonjun. and i'm a little afraid that i'd make a wrong decision that i'll regret later." i went on, sitting down on the bench feeling desperate of an answer.

"you mean how you feel towards her or what?" he sat down along with me, looking at me in worry.

"no, not towards her. towards me." i clarified, still not looking at him.