Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Gemma's heart was on overdrive. She looked at Ivan and gripped Exton's hand.

"What is she doing here?" Ivan asked frantically looking at Xavier.

Xavier looked at Gemma and then back at Ivan.

"She did it!" Ivan screamed. "She killed my pack!"

Exton tensed. He stepped in front of Gemma and fully hide her behind him.

"Get away from her, boy," Ivan warned Exton. "She's evil."

Gemma began to shake as tears ran down her face. She held onto Exton's arm and he reached back to comfort her.

"Ivan," Xavier took a step forward and placed a hand on Ivan shoulder. "You need to calm down."

"She's evil!" Ivan screamed as he struggled in Xavier's hand.

"Call her that one more time and I will end you," Exton growled.

"She's Azazel!" Ivan screamed. "She'll kill us all!"

Gemma shook her head behind Exton, "No no no no no."

"Get away from her!" Ivan escaped Xavier's grip and lunged forward. But Rye was quick. She leaped forward and injected the sedative Basil had brought for her into Ivan's neck.

The man clumped to the floor in a quiet gasp.

Everyone stood around watching Ivan on the floor. The only sounds were Gemma's sniffles.

Exton turned around and pulled her into his chest.

"I'm not her," Gemma cried. "I'm not her."

"Shhhhh," Exton said into her ear as he held her. "I know, angel. I know."

"Gemma," Rye placed her hand on the girl's head. "He just lost his whole pack...he's confused. He's clearing showing signs of trauma."

Gemma pulled Exton closer to herself as she eyed Ivan's limp body on the floor.

"Exton, take Gemma upstairs." Xavier ordered his son. "We'll take care of Ivan."

Exton didn't waste any time. He picked her up in his arms and carried her to his room.

He sat her down on the bed and cupped her face.

"Hey, hey," he said gently. "It's okay. I'm here. He can't hurt you."

"Exton," Gemma said through her tears and sobs. "I...I don't know what he's talking about. I'm not Azazel."

"I know baby," Exton kissed her forehead. "I know you're not her. He's crazy."

"Please, I don't ever want to see him. Don't leave me! Please don't make me go near him again."

"No one will do that, I promise." Exton assured her. "He'll never see your shadow."

Exton watched as Gemma continued to cry in fear. He wanted to take her pain away and make her feel safe again. But all he could do was hold her in his arms and let her cry and he whispered over and over how much he loved her.

A few hours later, Xavier mind-linked Exton to tell him Ivan was awake. They were going to keep him in confinement until he was up for talking.

"Exton," Gemma picked up her head from his chest. After Gemma had stopped crying, Exton had laid her down next to him for a nap. She was exhausted.

"Yes," Exton looked down at her.

"I need to take a bath," Gemma said sitting up slowly. "Everything hurts."