Chapter 28

Chapter 30

"Wait a minute," Basil interrupted Exton as they all sat around the round table and discussed Azazel. "Who is Hector?"

"Her first love," Tobias explained from his seat.

"This all started because you couldn't spare one soul?" Basil raised a brow.

"The decision was not mine," Tobias said in his defense. "Why does everything think that? The fates decide who has to die."

"You might want a new publicist," Caspian suggested. "Your whole image needs rebranding."

"And you think she will listen to Hector?" Xavier did not let the banter from all the others distract him. He had his eyes glued on his son.

"There has to be a reason why Gemma told us to find Hector." Exton clarified.

"I think he's right," Tobias agreed, surprising everyone in the room. "Azazel loved Hector enough to go against the gods...maybe he can be the one to convince her to stop this madness."

"Where do we find him?" Xavier asked.

"In the underworld," Tobias pointed out.

"Great," Caspian smiled. "So if you could just pluck him out and bring him here, it would be greatly appreciated."

"I'm afraid I can't do that," Tobias said. "His soul has already been judged, I can not take him out of the underworld ."

"Are you serious right now?" Caspian exhaled. "Who makes these stupid rules?"

Tobias leaned forward and folded his hands on the table. "My duties forbid me from doing use things."

"Oh for fucks sake," Basil rolled his eyes.

"I can not take him out of the underworld," Tobias said again.

"Yes, we get it." Caspian said.

"The rules prevent me from doing such things."

Exton's eyes narrowed at the way Tobias spoke the words. He kept repeating the same sentences.

"Yes, Tobias. We get i-" Caspian started but Exton raised his hand to stop him.

"You can't." Exton said. "You can't take him out of the underworld...but that doesn't mean we can't."

Tobias smiles as he leaned back in his seat. "As the god of the underworld I suppose I would have to try and stop you from taking a soul out...but then again, stranger things have happened."

Xavier gave his son a proud nod before turning to Tobias.

"When do we invade?" He asked.

"When the faiths have answered you call," Tobias said standing up. "Our window will be short. We must see what the faiths send us before we bring Hector out. There is no point in dangling a toy in front of Azazel if we can't kill her off when she comes for it."

_________________________________

Azazel sat on the throne and winched as she felt Gemma fight from the inside. Gemma was growing stronger and stronger by each passing day. It was like the more she tried, the more she realized there was more to her powers.

Azazel was once drawn to Gemma's magic that slept quietly under her skin. It was a dormant beast...but now the beast was slowly waking up.

"Stop it, Gemma." Azazel demanded.

Go to hell.

Azazel smirked, despite the pounding headache she had. "Been there, done that."